New Build in Katy, TX

More progress today. Hoping they come back to finish tomorrow and don't wait until Tuesday to come back.

06fdc2c205815baca3f305b95a8ba963.jpg

Patio furniture got delivered today. So glad the patio was mostly done so we could bring it to the back and get it setup. My inlaws came over to have dinner and we were able to break it in. My son is having a blast playing Paw Patrol on the deck.

dfe06d500e97eaf47386ea73fa99d461.jpg

3ac281e652b364bbb460c90481eea39e.jpg

3434857cee82f66631d75dde592d966e.jpg

0df207670b29e700f99a118ef85d8388.jpg

Yes they are for sure as comfy as they look!

They are RST brand Portofino collection. We bought it from Costco's website. It's an aluminum frame with sunbrella cushions and significantly lower priced than Patio 1 or Chair King for a similar product.

I was just catching up on the pictures. The patio looks awesome and Costco furniture is great. We bought a teak wood dining set from there and love it. So well built.

The million dollar question - any update on plaster?? And by the way, what plaster did you decide on?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are doing to stones and mortar from Eclipse with the glass beads from Deep Blue Sea. So far no update on plaster. They are supposed to be here tomorrow to clean up the pool and get the water out of it and to start backfilling the plumbing so they can fix the sprinklers. Hoping that means we are getting plaster this week, but I'm not holding my breath.

Great plaster choice Tommy! Can't wait to see the pictures when it's done. We chose to do the plaster from Indigo Blue and the stones and beads from Deep Blue Sea so we should be similar!! They're pouring our deck tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we should. We chose the stones out of eclipse because they are the same color as deep blue sea, but with more white than black. The red glass in the deep blue sea mix really pops as well. The indigo blue and eclipse plasters also appear to be the same color blue looking at them next to each other instead of the deep blue sea's grey plaster. I think your combo will look great as well.

Do you have a plaster date yet? Do you know who is doing your plaster?

Looking great! What travertine did you choose for the coping and deck? And what color is the waterline tile.
We are looking at something that appears to be similar. We were concerned about the waterline tile not standing out, but I think we like the more blended look. Thanks!

Yes we should. We chose the stones out of eclipse because they are the same color as deep blue sea, but with more white than black. The red glass in the deep blue sea mix really pops as well. The indigo blue and eclipse plasters also appear to be the same color blue looking at them next to each other instead of the deep blue sea's grey plaster. I think your combo will look great as well.

Do you have a plaster date yet? Do you know who is doing your plaster?

Can't wait to see it on yours first! Are you as nervous about how it will come out as I am?

Not yet. They did our deck pour today and said they were going to put us on the schedule for plaster but I haven't been notified so far. I wonder how many days need to be between deck pour and plaster.

I think Uno is doing it but they've been having some scheduling issues with them (residential jobs getting pushed for commercial even if residential was ahead in line). I was told they might be switching to Pool Works. Do you know who is doing yours?

Looking great! What travertine did you choose for the coping and deck? And what color is the waterline tile.
We are looking at something that appears to be similar. We were concerned about the waterline tile not standing out, but I think we like the more blended look. Thanks!

Thank you. It is ivory rustic and the waterline tile is the same. The only thing different is we did rustico for the split face on the spa to get some more color there.

Can't wait to see it on yours first! Are you as nervous about how it will come out as I am?

Not yet. They did our deck pour today and said they were going to put us on the schedule for plaster but I haven't been notified so far. I wonder how many days need to be between deck pour and plaster.

I think Uno is doing it but they've been having some scheduling issues with them (residential jobs getting pushed for commercial even if residential was ahead in line). I was told they might be switching to Pool Works. Do you know who is doing yours?

We are extremely nervous about it. Pool Works is supposed to be doing ours.

Love your pool. My pool builder is doing the gunite today. Can you tell me how big your pool is and the number of tons of boulder that you have on your waterfall? Great design and color combinations.

Pool is 34x23, spa is 14x8, and we have about 6 tons of rock around the pool, so the waterfall is probably 5.5 tons as an estimate. The corners also have fire rings built into the rocks. I can't wait to have water and do a cannon ball off that waterfall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.