New build in Gilbert, AZ

I was going to respond this morning to the puck thing, but didn’t have time.

Yeah as Marty said, here in AZ, pucks will come in handy for adding CYA to your pool.
I started off back in April with a CYA of 80, and I’m now down to 30 from the oxidation that occurred over the summer with the harsh sun.

I’ll ride the next few months out with it at 30, then I’ll start adding pucks in around March to get it back up to 80.
It gives you a break from using liquid chlorine and MA for a while, as the pucks will keep your PH down as well.
Also, keep in mind you’ll need those pucks when going on vacation. :cheers:

I have no plaster dust and the pool water looks fantastic. I always figured I would supplement my liquid chlorine with pucks, but the startup guy had that reversed. He wants me to supplement the pucks with liquid "shock" which is just 10% chlorine labeled as shock because nothing else was in there. He said I should just keep the floater full of pucks, but I plan to leave it in there another week and take it out as soon as my CYA is up to a level I want and then use if needed later. The chlorine had gone to 3 yesterday when I checked at 5pm, so I added some liquid and had it at 4.5 last night and 4.5 on overnight test. My PH went up to 7.8, so I added some acid this morning and will check when I get home.

There are a few issues with the pool equipment and automation that I am trying to iron out with PB and his startup guy. I have the heat pump working, but only if I manually turn it on at the unit. They are trying to contact Pentair today and figure out if they need to rewire or if it is a setting. One of the main reasons I upgraded to the EasyTouch was to be able to control heat/cool pump along with lights, water feature, and pool pump, so I want this working how I think it should. The startup guy started by saying that he thought it was working normal but PB agreed with me that it should be working differently. I think that they may have put an rpm limit on my VSF pump in settings, but I couldn't get confirmation. I don't need more RPM, but if i try to set it past 2950 rpm , it shuts off. I have been running it at 1620 RPM on "pool mode" for 10 hours and 2950 on "clean mode" 4 hours. The PB is confident that they can get it how I want with a call to Pentair and rewiring. I have all of the manuals with me at work to try and learn a little more in case I need to call Pentair direct.

I will probably be able to dial my run time back once I feel CYA is all in from start up. The startup guy suggested a schedule of 9am-5pm at low rpm and 9am-1pm high rpm if I am running my heat pump but I changed it to 7am-5pm. He said to change to 9pm-5am when I go without heat pump. When I was talking to startup guy about equipment, he said he added 4 pounds of stabilizer to the skimmer on Monday and that there is more in the pucks. When I look at pool math, I think I should be around 35-40 when the 4 pound was dissolved (for my pool, it said to add 4 lb, 6oz to go from 0 to 40).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.