New Build in DFW

:shock: They have been hard at work! Moving along and it all looks great! Sweet!

So what is next and when?

Kim:kim:

Thanks, Kim! They finished shingling the roof last Friday. Yesterday they continued to build the outdoor kitchen, fire pit and slide wall. Also, the 15' slide came in and the box is big!

IIE7ArW.jpg

Can't wait until they install that bad boy. Unfortunately, today it started raining...a lot. And the forecast over the next few days isn't looking good.

JnLuZBp.jpg

Looks like we are hitting the pause button for a while. Hoping we can pick up some time next week, but the GC said each day of rain can set the crews back a couple days. They will try to get caught up once the rain goes away.

After what turned out to be a two and a half week break due to rain, the guys got back to work last Monday (3/5). In that amount of time, we've made some good progress on the slide, kitchen, fire pit and outdoor patio. Pictures below!

Outdoor kitchen coming together:

5k7QAsE.jpg

1NbYd73.jpg

Fire pit:

jcprevA.jpg

Outdoor patio:

ncYAS63.jpg

i9e28UZ.jpg

We're so glad we decided to close off the ceiling of the patio. We thought about leaving it open for a while. We also decided to add four can lights to the ceiling at the last minute. We were going to rely on just the fan light and string lighting but thought there wouldn't be enough light. Since we closed off the ceiling, it was a no brainer to do can lights. Also, the builder had a great idea to install a spotlight at the back end of the patio that would shine on the slide/stairs up to the slide to improve visibility in the dark. I'm glad he suggested that because it didn't even occur to us. Finally, we had our A/V guy come out and install speaker wiring for four speakers on the patio.

Slide:

PMUZnAg.jpg

DTIhgoC.jpg

Shot of the entire pool:

Vo9wMmd.jpg

Today we have the guys continuing to work around/build up the slide area and a guy tiling the top/edge of the spa. I think someone is also coming out to install the fan in the outdoor patio.

Also love, love, love the tile! SO pretty!!! The color is purrfect!

That patio cover is outstanding! The color is so rich and VERY good call on closing it in. Make is look very finished!! Do you have the lights on dimmers just in case you want to lower the brightness?

Love it when someone has ideas and shares them like the light for the slide! Buy that man a beer!

Kim:kim:

Hi impactplayer, are you going to have a roof/ cover over the outdoor kitchen? We have our summer kitchen covered and the wife really loves it when we cook and it is raining. Besides it protects the grill and keeps the counter dry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi impactplayer, are you going to have a roof/ cover over the outdoor kitchen? We have our summer kitchen covered and the wife really loves it when we cook and it is raining. Besides it protects the grill and keeps the counter dry.

Hi Brentr - we are not going to have a roof over the outdoor kitchen. We thought about it but we didn't want to darken our living room, which has a lot of windows right behind that area. We planned on just getting some pull-over covers to put on the grill equipment. Agree it would be nice to be able to cook outside when it rains, but we wanted to do it this way for aesthetic reasons.

Hi Brentr - we are not going to have a roof over the outdoor kitchen. We thought about it but we didn't want to darken our living room, which has a lot of windows right behind that area. We planned on just getting some pull-over covers to put on the grill equipment. Agree it would be nice to be able to cook outside when it rains, but we wanted to do it this way for aesthetic reasons.

Have you looked the panels we have over our summer kitchen. They come in bronze and clear. Just a thought?

Hi everyone, it has been a while. We've had some frustrating delays due to the weather over the last 1.5 months. It seemed like it would rain one or two days during the week, which would set us back an entire week. Then I think there were some communication issues between the builder and the subcontractors where we'd have a clear week but no one came out. We've been trying to keep on the builder to move things along and we're slowly making progress. We passed deck inspection yesterday and hoped for deck pour today but it doesn't seem like it will happen. Hopefully tomorrow because Thursday and Friday are both 90% chance of rain. If we get the deck poured tomorrow, we're hoping for plaster early next week. We told our builder that our target is swimming by Memorial Day and that is their target as well. I am really hoping they can make that happen. Below are pictures of where things stand today (it was really sunny, sorry for shadows).

Kitchen area:

Bad14ZI.jpg

Sc8zwom.jpg

henrdVs.jpg

DqzzB2B.jpg

Pool:

uOfRBES.jpg

tgsP6Aj.jpg

ApnkOXf.jpg

sfeosCi.jpg

le6mOWI.jpg

F6pxBUR.jpg

5ScrPHc.jpg

Fire Pit:

yjHb8tO.jpg

Equipment:

wsMR3Wt.jpg

5Bj7Hfn.jpg

Looks so nice! I think a lot of us are keeping our fingers crossed to be poolside on Memorial Day. :cool:

So true, LeighHop :)

Your going to need some lighting in that kitchen area.

Thanks, Phillbo. We've got a Ring Floodlight just above the kitchen area (corner of the house, it's white and can be seen in some of the pictures) that we think should cover us. We'll see what it is like in action though.

Another Kamado Joe owner!

Good eye, RedStick! I haven't even had a chance to try out the Kamado Joe yet but I love it. Got a killer deal on it at a Costco roadshow. I was the first one there on the first day so I was able to buy the display model for a deep discount and got a bunch of freebies thrown in. I'm super excited to use it. If you've got any tips, let me hear them!

You really don’t have much left to do so Memorial Day is easily doable. Love the slide[emoji482]

Thanks, Brentr. I hope you are right :swim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.