New build in DFW Area UPDATE: Fill Complete

Yesterday they were out building up and framing out the new equippmebt pad plus my additional pad footage. This interfered with the arbor guys who showed up two hours later and essentially ended up only dropping off materials.

The concrete guys still need to come back to fix somethings before they pour concrete.

That said it’s about 8pm and arbor guys have already put in 12 hours today. They are trying to finish everything but the tounge and groove ceiling and decorative trim work. They will come back and do all the after the electrician comes out to do the rest or the electrical.

Patio and deck should be done Monday or Tuesday. I think they are planning for electrical and equipment instal a week after. I’m hoping they can wrap everything up by mid July.

They have been out redoing parts of the forms and deck drainage pipes today. They are going to pour the patio and deck tomorrow. Electrical is scheduled for a Friday and they should be out next week to finish wrapping up the arbor.

I’ll post pictures next week when arbor and deck are both complete.

Lack of updates is because lack of progress. Only thing that has happened between June 24 and today is the electrical for the can lightning and ceiling fans. Last week they said the arbor would be completed, equipment would be installed and final cleanup would be done. With lighting installation this week. That didn’t happen. So far nothing has happened this week either. Essentially another 2 weeks of nothing. So ready for this ******** to be over with.

• Angry
Reactions: TexasTomKat
They are actually out to finish the arbor today. Supposedly final electrical this week as well.
Supposedly final grade and final clean early week.

Last things not currently scheduled are the toe tile markers; the sprinkler rebuild; and the plaster & startup. Maybe everything will be wrapped up by the end of July but I’ve learned not to count on anything.

Reactions: Ellen M

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Final exterior clean up and final grade are done. They are early for a change

Still waiting on:

gas hookup complete 7/17
Irrigation rebuild - complete 7/22
Gutters for arbor - measured on 7/22; waiting on materials
Final Electrical
Interior clean
Plaster
Startup

Plus the punch list.

Then I have the fun job of landscaping etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasTomKat
They told me today that my fence needs to be put back up by the end of the weekend. I guess that means plaster next week!

Im doing it myself because they wanted $500 just to rehang the panel they took down. I need to move my gate and that wouldn’t have been included so I’m doing it myself and saving $400 in the process.

Here’s hoping plaster happens before the end of July.

Irrigation got rebuilt today. They measured for gutters and will let me know when the material is in.

I’ve rebuilt half my back fence. I took down the gate and put up the new fencing in that spot. Will finish tomorrow or Saturday morning.

All that is left is:
Final electrical(it’s supposed to of been done for three weeks now, maybe tomorrow?
Toe tile markers(supposed to be this week, maybe tomorrow?)
Interior clean - hopefully early next week
Pebble Plaster - hopefully early next week
Startup

Another day another delay because of pool builder error.

Tile guy was out to do the toe tile markers. He was told the wrong tile. Hopefully the tile is in stock. If it is they will be out tomorrow. If it’s not I’m going to ask for a refund and skip it. This is all ridiculous because the addendum was added and paid for over three months ago.

I need to stop getting my hopes on getting plaster before August. Currently on day 200 since HOA approval, day 169 since dig. 8 weeks behind schedule and counting.

Anyone know of a sub contractor in the DFW area that will will drill and install a sleeve for a volley ball pole? My PB says it’s to late.

I know it’s easier to set the sleeve during the decking pour but I know it’s possible to do after decking. A friend of my wife had theirs done a year after their pool. Trying to track down who they used but in case that doesn’t pan out does anyone know of any company that will do it?

Last edited:
It is quite a frustrating process. As an older person a few weeks behind you, I would encourage you to do some step markers as I find them very reassuring and helpful. We are using light streams she’ll beach which I saw on TFP awhile ago and they are unique and in stock. Recently pebble tech bought them so you can see on the web if interested.
Our ditches are being back filled today & coping next week.

Good luck.

Yesterday they measured for gutters and said they didn’t know when it would be installed because of material shortages. I guess they were able to find some this morning because they were out this afternoon and gutters are now complete.

Updated timeline, 🤞 it holds
Toe tile markers - tomorrow(not the first Saturday the tile guy has been at my house)
Final electrical - Monday
Thursday - Plaster
Friday - Acid wash and fill

While they are doing that I’ll be doing landscaping which includes 3 yards of mulch, 2 yards of black tejas gravel, 5 windmill palms, 4 agave, and 12 catmint plants. Plus 1.5 pallets of sod.

Today I was working on the fence and doing prep work for landscaping. I moved my back gate, restained my back fence and set the two posts that needed to be set to hand the last section. Will finish up the fence and landscaping prep tomorrow and Sunday.
I’ll be resodding my front and side yards on Mondays. Thursday I will be doing to gravel pathways. Everything else will be squeezed in before or after plaster.

Last edited:
Yesterday they measured for gutters and said they didn’t know when it would be installed because of material shortages. I guess they were able to find some this morning because they were out this afternoon and gutters are now complete.

Updated timeline, 🤞 it holds
Toe tile markers - tomorrow(not the first Saturday the tile guy has been at my house)
Final electrical - Monday
Thursday - Plaster
Friday - Acid wash and fill

While they are doing that I’ll be doing landscaping which includes 3 yards of mulch, 2 yards of black tejas gravel, 5 windmill palms, 4 agave, and 12 catmint plants. Plus 1.5 pallets of sod.

Today I was working on the fence and doing prep work for landscaping. I moved my back gate, restained my back fence and set the two posts that needed to be set to hand the last section. Will finish up the fence and landscaping prep tomorrow and Sunday.
I’ll be resodding my front and side yards on Mondays. Thursday I will be doing to gravel pathways. Everything else will be squeezed in before or after plaster.
Glad to see they are making progress. What interior finish are you choosing? We are hoping to do micro pebble and would love to see a picture of one. Ellen

Glad to see they are making progress. What interior finish are you choosing? We are hoping to do micro pebble and would love to see a picture of one. Ellen
Unfortunately our options were limited by what the pool builder uses. The only pebble they use is Crystal Stones Smooth. I’m pretty sure our color is Aqua White. The base colors were just called PB name blue or PB Name grey. The grey was definitely CLI Crystal Stones Smooth grey harbour. I am always doubting myself on going with the blue over the grey.

Last edited:
Unfortunately our options were limited by what the pool builder uses. The only pebble they use is Crystal Stones Smooth. I’m pretty sure our color is Aqua White. The base colors were just called PB name blue or PB Name grey. The grey was definitely CLI Crystal Stones Smooth grey harbour. I am always doubting myself on going with the blue over the grey.
Thanks for letting me know. Regarding color it is what color interior can you live best with seeing. I have been swimming in several pools lately and the interior color now stands out so clearly. I am so sorry your builder limited your choices. We are offered whatever we would like between NPT, Pebble Tech and Gemstone as he has a relationship with each companies installers. Our problem is not being able to see the color in a pool and secondly PB does not know until day of need what is in stock. He said interior finish can not be ordered in advance like all our other materials.

I might suggest you fill out your signature with your pool information to share what your pool design includes. It can be edited if need as you go. Thanks again, Ellen

Fortunately our tile was in stock. Toe tile markers are complete on all stairs, the deep end bench, and the spa benches. I’ll post pictures later today.

I finished up my fence(well I need to stain and do trim work still), while the tile guy was working.

Hopefully we stay on track this week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.