New build in DFW Area UPDATE: Fill Complete

We have been swimming in ours for a week now and the wait is a distant memory
For both of you….. give it a season and have friends over. Try. I beg you to try and tell them about all your speedbumps and tales of Woe in the process. They will shut you right the truck up.

‘I don’t care how bad it was!!! LOOK at what you did !!! I’d give my right arm for THIS !!!!

Ask me how I know. 😁

and congrats to both of you.

Congrats, man. We have been swimming in ours for a week now and the wait is a distant memory...
Yeah hopefully we will be swimming this weekend. Start up is schedule for tomorrow at 8am.

Ill post pics later. Didn’t take any last night because it was around midnight. Not at home at the moment.

It started raining on me yesterday while I was working on some landscaping so excuse the incomplete landscaping. Hoping to get the rest of the landscaping fabric and mulch done today.

Need to call the rock yard to see if they are delivering my rock today(it was supposed to be here last Thursday). Going to be a couple days before I can get sod because of the heavy rain overnight.

Here are the pictures. A lot of plaster dust and it’s a milky blue right now. Hopefully once started it goes away quickly.

BF8F6906-5E98-4728-B77C-CD5FFED460DE.jpeg55EF8EDC-C4DA-452D-B024-C3B6B7293A35.jpeg817EBB9B-27F2-4E48-B8AD-85708F1E7B04.jpeg01DFB143-DFBB-42E8-8046-39D99C3FF357.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now that everything is clear I have noticed an issue with the plaster. The area in the deep part is noticeable darker blue than the rest of the pool. Is there anything to fix this?

They either screwed up by leaving water in the bottom of the pool after plaster or they screwed up filling.

9E6F366B-05EB-4580-9E88-C4B0832F0CB3.jpeg

Finally finished my outdoor speaker system install. This 100 degree hear sucks. This morning I finished trenching the speaker cable and then connected the speakers to the cable. I tested it this afternoon before wrapping all the wires and wire nuts with electrical tape per instructions. Then tested it again. Then back filled and graded. Then tested again.

I have to say I am impressed with the Mag 6.1 by Sonance & Sonos. It is loud and booming in my back yard but you cannot really hear it in my neighbors yard or in the front.
i have the same setup and its awesome. anyone looking for same setup its on sale at bestbuy right now. link

i have the same setup and its awesome. anyone looking for same setup its on sale at bestbuy right now. link
Yeah I’m glad I bought it when it was like 33% off. It has turned out really great after getting it all hooked up and getting the software updated on the amp.

Got in today and the darker spot in the deep end isn’t noticeable when in the pool. It’s only really noticeable when you are on the far side of the pool where no one will ever be unless they are walking around the coping. There is rough spot in the plaster it’s about 1’ x 2’ area near the drain. While this get smoother over time or is it always going to be like that?

Overall I’m just going to have to get over the defects and enjoy the pool as what is done is done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.