New build in DFW Area UPDATE: Fill Complete

Well the conversion to the SWG happened right before Labor Day. It went off without a hitch. I had everything dialed in until I had to turn off the pump for a few days while they replace five coping pieces, polished, and sealed the coping including the spillway. Everything looks much better now. The pebble finish didn’t turn out as well as I hoped but it really isn’t noticeable to anyone but me. There is one last thing on the punch list. They need to redo the mastic around the spa where they had to replace coping. Hopefully they get that done soon.

After polished the stones it took a couple days to get everything clear and dialed back in but it’s been great. Have been using the heater to keep the pool in the 80s on weekends. With it only being 13750 it doesn’t take long to get it from 70 to 86.

Even though the cost of natural gas has gone up a lot, I still plan on keeping the pool open till the end of October. The spa I intend to try using year round.

My sod I installed next to the pool in the worst heat of summer has survived. Took a lot of water and patience but it’s finally starting to thrive. The front and side yards were much easier as they don’t get as much brutal sun as my back yard. But I have learned I don’t need a cooler. The pool didn’t get into the 90s at all during the month of August.

My ledge loungers came right before Labor Day as well. Still waiting on the side table for them. That and my five agaves that I want to buy are all that’s left. More Mature agaves became hard to come by so I’m waiting till next spring.

Glad everything is over.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.