New Build in AZ - Automation Questions

OK, another question for the masses...
I was playing with my color swim lights last night and started to re-think my plan. Currently I have my waterfall and Baja step lights on the same transformer and wanted to hook the Baja light direct to the main pool light. I purchased another transformer to accomplish this. However, if I choose to do this and not wire the Baja light to its own circuit I loose some of the adjustments that can be done with the color swim settings....
So here is my question:
With my new Intellicenter system would it be best to wire all lights independent? or connect the Baja light with the main pool light? Could I create a function that would turn them (Baja & Pool) on together and control them as one?
As always, thanks for any input.

C,

The best, and of course the most expensive, option is to have a relay and transformer for each light you have.

I'm pretty sure you can use circuit groups to make the lights do what you want, but I'd as @MyAZPool just to make sure.

Thanks,

Jim R.

@Cobrarat
Agree with @Jimrahbe.
If you want individual control over each low-voltage light, then you will need a separate transformer and a dedicated relay for each light.
If you do this, then yes, with the IntelliCenter, you can set up 'Light" groups and control them just like a Circuit Group (macro). This then gives you the option of either controlling each light individually or via configured Light Groups.
r.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
No salt water for me....

OK, the system is in and programed, all actuators adjusted and working great! Programs are in and working great! Everything is great EXCEPT...... I cant get my intellicenter on line! I am having major issues with the screenlogic and wireless link kit. Searching the forum now for any information...

OK, I need some help here I cannot connect using the screenlogic interface wireless link? This hardware came with the upgrade kit and it was the sme system that I used on the intellitouch with no issues. So I am not sure how to configure the intellicenter to connect to Wifi/? I currently have my wireless link plugged into the eithernet port, with the power pluged into the 24 volt. inside I have the other half of the wireless link connected to the protalcol adapter and then to the network.

Can someone please set me straight on how the intellicenter system works? do I need to have the wireless link? Confused...

C,

You can't use the wireless links that came with ScreenLogic as they are not WiFi.. They are like the old portable phones..

The IntelliCenter does not use ScreenLogic...

You need @MyAZPool to tell you how to connect the IntelliCenter's WiFi..

Thanks,

Jim R.

OK, Jim you sent me down the correct path! I do not need the protocol adapter just the wireless link stations that go directly into my Router. So all is good, I was able to log in and see my system on our phones and everything is working. BUT... I still am confused on how to access my Intellicenter from my computer? there is no Pentair software for the Intellicenter PC Remote access, so what or how are you accessing the system with your PC's???

Thanks,
Brian

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

@Candurin
@rstrouse
@Turbo1Ton

Thanks,
Jim R.

You can always ditch that UV thang to simplify any wiring.

That device is worthless, especially since I suspect you get plenty of free UV from the sun above, right?

Being in such a hot climate a SWG makes more sense as pucks will require draining and in hot climates that can only be done in certain months so that the plaster doesn't dry out.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: reggiehammond
All,
Thanks so much for all the support! My new Intellicenter is up and gunning Great! Cell phone work, PC works and I am Happy that my system is now working the way it should have from the builder!

OK EDIT, I do have another question, probably for @MyAZPool I was wondering about the ETI Heater control. The only wires I have from my Intellicenter are the ones for the "Firemans" disconnect. How does the Intellicenter control the temp of the spa? My ETI heater is set for 104deg. and my phone is set for 100deg, but it seems that the heater is running 104deg? I need to prove this out but, if there is no communication cable to the heater, does the Intellicenter control the temp by turning off the ETI when desired temp is reached?

Side note .. I have a Easytouch 8 control with the wireless link and protocol adapter for sale! Used for 3 weeks......

Last edited:
All,
Thanks so much for all the support! My new Intellicenter is up and gunning Great! Cell phone work, PC works and I am Happy that my system is now working the way it should have from the builder!

OK EDIT, I do have another question, probably for @MyAZPool I was wondering about the ETI Heater control. The only wires I have from my Intellicenter are the ones for the "Firemans" disconnect. How does the Intellicenter control the temp of the spa? My ETI heater is set for 104deg. and my phone is set for 100deg, but it seems that the heater is running 104deg? I need to prove this out but, if there is no communication cable to the heater, does the Intellicenter control the temp by turning off the ETI when desired temp is reached?

Side note .. I have a Easytouch 8 control with the wireless link and protocol adapter for sale! Used for 3 weeks......
@Cobrarat
Sorry for the delayed response.
If the ETI is similar to the UltraTemp (which I think it is), you should be able to connect the heater via the RS-485 bus and control temp that way.
Sorry, but I have no experience with that heater. I couldn't even find an online manual.
If it were me, I would use the manual to glean what I can and then contact Pentair Tech Support and see if you can get some assistance with that.
Hopefully, one of the members here will come along and help you out as well.
Thanks..
r.

Reactions: Charelston40
MyAZPool, Thanks!
I reviewed the ETI manual and the only connection is the "Fireman's" switch connection to turn the heater off and on. I will play with this more to see how the heat is adjusted. now to the next question..... (hahaha! It just like having a race car, just one more gadget, and one more question!)

I was wondering if within the group circuit programming it is possible to add a delay? I would like one button for my SPA as follows:

Tap one button = Spa turns on and all actuators switch, heater is on (currently programed under SPA), then 30 min delay for the spa to heat at a lower RPM, then the Jets turn on with the blower and pump speed increases (Currently programmed under JETS)

And yes we actually heat our SPA's in AZ during the summer, makes the pool feel cooler.... :cool:

I am not sure if this has been done, or an egg timer can be used in reverse? Any thoughts????

@Cobrarat
Really? I'm surprised that their flagship heater has no RS-485 connection. Wait, on second thought. No I'm not. But the Ultra-Temp does.
Here is the way it works with the fireman's switch..
1. Set the temp control on the heater at max.
2. Whenever heat is called for, the IntelliCenter circuitry allows the circuit to complete at J2.
3. When the water temp that you set in the software configuration or at the panel is reached, IntelliCenter breaks that circuit. As the water temp cools a couple of degrees, the circuit is again completed and the heater fires up again.
4. IntelliCenter obtains the water temperature from the temperature probe that is mounted in the plumbing.

From a user standpoint, it really is as simple as that.

The only delays really are the "Pump Off During Valve Action" and "Heater Cool Down Delay"

I have no idea how to make an egg timer work in reverse.

What I do when we want to use the spa is to execute my Spa Use Circuit Group (macro).
I wait a while. Then once I see that the water temp has reached the temp that I set, then I just push the "Jet Pump" (same purpose as a blower) Feature Circuit and let the "bubbles begin".

Thanks...
r.

Reactions: Charelston40
Just a follow-up on the ETi 400K heater control, yes the fireman's switch is used to control the heater on/off functions. I have the ETi set at 104 and the Intellicenter set at 100. The intellicenter actually controls the temperature tighter than the Eti heater. Well all is working great! Now to learn more on pool chemistry......

• Love
Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.