New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/23 New Pics

Re: New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX (w lots of pics!) upd 07/27

I hope I'm lucky enough to have my Grotto look close to as good as yours. The pool is really coming along nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that really fantastic! I bet you are starting to get excited!

Y'all LOOK AT THAT GROTTO!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I can't wait to see it up close!!!

:kim:

I hope I'm lucky enough to have my Grotto look close to as good as yours. The pool is really coming along nicely.

That's going to be gorgeous!

Thank you for all the comments.

The crew who did it are like artists. Unbelievable job. I will post a finish shot tomorrow. We are very excited now, but probably still a few weeks away.

PM said when decking starts, plaster two week countdown begins.

I had my doubts about the grotto working out initially. But wow, even "80% complete" and it is already looking fantastic. Your vision was great and I can't believe I doubted. The finished product will be amazing!

Here are some more pictures of the grotto.... Electrical crew came up and started working, not sure if they are done or not. PM hopes to have decking done by end of next week.

Water comes out from the top, and those two slits you see on the left and right of the Grotto. Pretty excited about that. My wife and I took a tour of the Grotto and sat in there yesterday.... it felt great.

Equipment (Versaplumb system; smoother, shorter curves, more efficient):

- - - Updated - - -

I had my doubts about the grotto working out initially. But wow, even "80% complete" and it is already looking fantastic. Your vision was great and I can't believe I doubted. The finished product will be amazing!

Why did you have your doubts? This is why I chose my PB, I knew they did fantastic rockwork.

Looking really good. Can't wait to see the finished product

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Why did you have your doubts? This is why I chose my PB, I knew they did fantastic rockwork.

I think I just have a hard time visualizing things - particularly when it started. I did not know what to expect. The grotto thing is new to me and is being added to my future dream pool. (right now I have the standard rectangle pool that was installed in the 90's, so we inherited it. I love it, but that grotto is awesome!

I also did not have the benefit of knowing your PB's quality of work. You obviously made a wise choice.

Re: New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/02 decking begins

To my surprise, decking base is getting laid today. I will have a bunch of new photos tonight when I get home. PM said travertine should come Wednesday or Thursday.

The good news is he said "worst case, 2-3 weeks until you are swimming"

These guys are fast! Paver Base is laid.

My Noce Travertine is getting laid today! I couldn't believe it. Hauk is really delivering here.

I think it took five days for our deck. Two for base and three for stones. It really feels like a lot of progress when they get to that point.

Check to see if they are using polymeric sand between the pavers. They did on ours but found out they weren't supposed to (apparently we didn't pay for that!).

Travertine is getting laid down. I thought they were laying down English Walnut at first until I realized how dirty the actual travertine is off the pallet. Moving right along, can't wait to come home tomorrow.

Re: New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/05 decking complete

Decking completed today... the level job is pretty rocky, but I know my PM will take care of this when I address it. The stone looks and feels beautiful. I also figured out why my photos were coming out cruddy, I was using the wrong app. The Travertine is still very dirty, needs to be power washed for sure.

PM said Clean shell and grade, fence footer inspection, fence and gate next week. Plaster MAYBE next week, most likely the following week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.