New Build - Houston, TX (Heights) - Finished Build!

Wow. They put the pergola post directly on the raised coping. Is that something that had to be preplanned? Can I ask how they did it? Our posts were put in ground into cemented areas (pavers around posts).

Can I also ask what are you building off to the side? Is it a privacy screen? And I have questions regarding pricing on your pool equipment fence. I can pm if easier. Thanks.

Wow. They put the pergola post directly on the raised coping. Is that something that had to be preplanned? Can I ask how they did it? Our posts were put in ground into cemented areas (pavers around posts).
Look at post #94 with the pictures. The OP has done great work.

Great post(s). Really enjoyed the journey as we finalize our PB contractor to build ours in Willis. Did your pool builder build your equipment pad partition? I like that "angled slats" approach. Are they tong-in-groove?

Attachments

• 2021-12-21_12-19-56.jpg
    2021-12-21_12-19-56.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 41
Great post(s). Really enjoyed the journey as we finalize our PB contractor to build ours in Willis. Did your pool builder build your equipment pad partition? I like that "angled slats" approach. Are they tong-in-groove?
So they installed the post then built fence panels that screwed into the post, in the case I ever need to remove them for better access to the equipment. They are just slats, not tongue and grove.

Reactions: HermanTX
What is the wooden two post structure next to your fence? Fancy pull up / workout bar? :LOL:
It will be used to hang string lights between that structure and the pergola, underneath the string lights will be our dining set (when we pick one out). I need to get some aluminum box tube at the vertical locations to make it a little more rigid, I liked how the stained cedar looked, so I just didn't want to use metal supports.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finished...well nearly, rain gutter scheduled for next week, this spring will be planting more flowers and shrubs, need to get an umbrella and the in water loungers (color suggesting for the umbrella and loungers welcome!) string lights need to be installed and just more decorating items as well. Outdoor dining set still needs to be selected. It has been a very long journey, but we couldn't be happier, my wife and I had diner outside and we just sat there and couldn't believe it was our house! The Architect stopped by this week to check out the project and I got completed on the clarity of our water...Pool Math App for the win! Thanks for everyones advice and support and good luck to all the ongoing builds....you will finish...eventually! View attachment 385383View attachment 385384View attachment 385385View attachment 385386View attachment 385387View attachment 385388View attachment 385389
Looks amazing. I'm buying new outdoor furniture in the spring (we're going with a setup like your, removing the dining table setup). Who makes your wood chairs and sectional/wicker looking set? And are they comfortable? I'm hesitant to buy online since I can't sit in them. Your cushions look nice and thick, like they'd be comfy. Thank you

The company that did our design/pool wanted to have a photoshoot so they could use it for adverstiving/social media, etc. Sort of a "but my yard is to small to have a nice pool and outdoor area".....oh is it too small?
Good luck to all those building away...you will finish! Also getting my raised spa retiled....that is story for another day! Herkimer 1339 IMG 02_1_1.jpgHerkimer 1339 IMG 03_1_1.jpgHerkimer 1339 IMG 04_1_1.jpgHerkimer 1339 IMG 05_1_1.jpgHerkimer 1339 IMG 06_1_1.jpgHerkimer 1339 IMG 07_1_1.jpgHerkimer 1339 IMG 09_1_1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.