New build, Houston (Cypress), Tx

scruben said:
We have also had some problems with the finish of our slide. Hopefully today will be the day it comes out right. I hope mine looks as good as yours in the end.

I think if you keep posting pic's of the slide Ken will be adding one before long. Ha!
Stick to your guns on it if you're not happy. I was fortunate my PB also agreed it didn't look right. I'm really happy it was refinished as it now looks like what I was expecting.
Are your issues to do with aesthetics or to do with slickness/smoothness?

Stick to your guns on it if you're not happy. I was fortunate my PB also agreed it didn't look right. I'm really happy it was refinished as it now looks like what I was expecting.
Are your issues to do with aesthetics or to do with slickness/smoothness?[/quote]

Both...

My forman and i were on the same page. Brown as far as color, but the slide guy thought we wanted gray. Not sure where the confusion happened but they had no problem fixing it. Also over night the clear that they put on started to sag and run so it was pretty rough ( not fun to slide down!).
Anyway they are changing the color and putting on the new slick coat today. PB had no problem fixing so all is good just another delay. They are talking plaster this weekend so my finger are crossed.

scruben said:
I think if you keep posting pic's of the slide Ken will be adding one before long. Ha!

No keep posting them. You are feeding my addiction and it is growing and getting worse. Although I do not plan to add one (only because the thought of the add on expense would make me hyperventilate) it sure makes my diving or jumping rock look pathetic. Ha!

If I could figure out how to just climb the fence, whip out a chain saw, make a few cuts and wheel it away, I would have already done it.

cbink said:
KenGood said:
I have been thinking about your slide. It does resemble a giraffe. So I think you should just get rid of it and I am willing to just take a bullet for the team and take possession of it so that you will not have to look at that disgusting thing anymore! Just let me know when and I will be there to get it. Ha!
Ha! Not a hope. It's mine. Mine I tell you! :mrgreen:

Dad-gum-it! :evil:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ken - I hear orange FC (food coloring not free chlorine) is popular this time of year!

Looking great there in Cypress. Getting the salt cell going is a big milestone. As said before, you will love it. If you didn't know, the bubbles coming out of the returns indicate when the cell is running and producing your chlorine gas (hypochlorous acid). I didn't realize that at first.

bmoreswim said:
Ken - I hear orange FC (food coloring not free chlorine) is popular this time of year!

Looking great there in Cypress. Getting the salt cell going is a big milestone. As said before, you will love it. If you didn't know, the bubbles coming out of the returns indicate when the cell is running and producing your chlorine gas (hypochlorous acid). I didn't realize that at first.
THANK YOU! I was going a bit mad about this... They are really quite small bubbles but I have been trying to figure out what they were as I knew I didn't have air in the system!

skylar18 said:
Congrats.....If yours is like mine it will take care of itself now! I added bleach once before a party and I am pretty sure I didn't even have to do that. Was just paranoid.
Thanks! After settling down it's been pretty easy to maintain. My test frequency is now at every 2 days as it's just not necessary for me to do it more frequently as it's really quite stable. Sunday night is my 'pool time' night where I go out and faff with it for an hour or so (add acid if required, brush, empty vacuum, top up tiki torches, drink a beer, drink another beer).

So since switching to salt the pool has become very easy to maintain (usage is also way down due to the colder temps) with the only real maintenance item being adding acid to keep the pH in check (about 1/2 gallon per week).
I had a few little issues keeping the FC down when I switched over to salt (also coincided with CYA being added) but I now have that under control with much shorter pump run times.

The pool has been getting heated too. My wife won't swim in it unless it's in the 90's so we heated it about 10 times last month (my Mum was also over for 10 days visiting from the UK and wanted to swim too). I got a little concerned about the bill but it worked out about $30/day to heat it about 20F which I thought wasn't too bad especially since I took a week off work and we swam every day in nice warm water instead of going away somewhere.

The slide has been fantastic. The refinished surface looks the same as it did the day they applied it - no deterioration at all which is fantastic. Really happy with my PB for getting that sorted for me.

Can't wait for next season now! Just need to find a way to convince the wife that the outdoor kitchen is a priority...! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.