New Build Frisco TX

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
I like those bar stools, its the perfect place for me to swim up and order a burger and a beer. I see a lot of pvc coming up around the stools. Are those bubblers? If so I would make sure they are on their own valve so you can control the flow to them and not get my burger wet.

VOSE Okie

Gold Supporter
Jun 20, 2017
Frisco/TX
And such pretty stairs they are as well! Nicely done!

What are you putting on the stool tops and side?

Kim:kim:
It’s supposed to be tile on top and pebble around the base/sides. I’ve been meaning to ask them how they plan to do that. I had another builder tell me they prefer to just pebble the entire thing. Any feedback out there?

VOSE Okie

Gold Supporter
Jun 20, 2017
Frisco/TX
I like those bar stools, its the perfect place for me to swim up and order a burger and a beer. I see a lot of pvc coming up around the stools. Are those bubblers? If so I would make sure they are on their own valve so you can control the flow to them and not get my burger wet.
Those will he heads for the cleaning system.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Depending on the skill of the installers I LOVE how the tile looks on the stools BUT they have to have pride and SKILLS to make it look right. Ask to see some of THE installers doing YOUR work jobs.

Reactions: VOSE Okie

VOSE Okie

Gold Supporter
Jun 20, 2017
Frisco/TX
Work day 31 (Actual days 46)
More stone work the last few days and tile complete, less the step details and stools. Tile guy said that will be right before plaster/pebble. Seeing the stonework finish line coming.

Attachments

VOSE Okie

Gold Supporter
Jun 20, 2017
Frisco/TX
First real issue....
So we are trucking along and they installed the granite in our kitchen area. Looks great except I noticed the spot for the refrigerator looks too narrow. It was 100% clear during our visits to the pool company that we wanted the 24” wide 5.2 cubic ft unit. It sits in a corner that we walked over too and discussed some features that only the 24” has. Well I measure and it’s the size of the smaller 4.1 unit. I go back to the contract and sure enough the smaller unit part number is on the contract. There is no mention of the size/width just a part number which is why we didn’t catch that before now. The salesman put the wrong part number down unfortunately. I’m waiting to hear back. Thoughts?

Attachments

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
I would make the issue known to your builder, but there are really one 2 options I see:
1) Make the PB redo it. That could be costly if they have to demo the granite and/or cinder blocks.
2) Live the the smaller fridge and get the PB to knock some off the price

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
NO!!! :( Man that is going to be a hard fix BUT it can be fixed with some effort and time. Make sure to talk nice to your PB with a smile on your face even if he can't see it it will come through in your voice. I am hopeful something can be worked out to fix this.

VOSE Okie

Gold Supporter
Jun 20, 2017
Frisco/TX
Happy to report the PB didn't blink and said they will fix it. Our salesman did remember that we wanted the larger one. Things like this make you definitely feel like you picked the right builders. Deck starting today! No more dog run. Time to get out the leashes.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats