New build, first post

Picture is a little deceiving.....I would have guessed at least one truckload.

You will never regret the money spent on your kit. It is the key to crystal clear water.

The coping work looks very professional and attractive.

I'm always jealous of FL builds with pavers. You guys just move the native sand around and basically compact and lay pavers. By me there would be several dump trucks taking away dirt and several bringing in base gravel then concrete sand. Looks good so far liking the shape and layout internally

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool company is coming to open the pool tomorrow. Along with four gallons of muriatic acid, these are the chemicals they’ve provided. Tri-chlor pucks, CYA, cal-hypo and some liquid something or other. I have to let them manage the start up to be covered by warranty. How bad is that scale control liquid? No indication of what it is.

F72E3186-E9AF-4271-BAF8-E52A74D326C7.jpeg

Last edited:
First log in pool math with the TF test kit.
FC 0.5
pH 7.2
TA 150
CH 375
CYA 50

76 F, partly cloudy, water temp 77

Salt generator will not be running for a month. There are two pucks of tri-chlor in the skimmer basket from the startup guy.

How am I doing?

You'll want to increase the FC right away. 0.5 is way too low. Liquid chlorine (aka regular bleach) is best. See the FC/CYA Levels and use the non-salt chart for now, Find your CYA and you'll see what your FC should be. Do that right away to avoid algae. Other numbers are fine for now. Let the pool do its thing for a few days and monitor them, but always stay on top of that FC to not let it dip below the minimum based on your CYA.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.