New build first post

SouthwestOhio

Silver Supporter
Jul 23, 2018
Milford, OH
After years of discussion wife and I decided to stay put in our country home. She is a big swimmer and with more grand kids added to the mix we decided to make the plunge for a pool. She is one year into retirement and I plan on backing out of my business over the next few years. Or at least work less in summer when pool is open!

Our preferred site is a bit challenging but we feel we have a great Landscape Design / Build (LDB) guy in place along with his go-to pool installer. We have received "placeholder" budget numbers and presently refining a few items.
LDB guy will do all site prep, modular walls and final landscaping PB will come in an place pool with all plumbing, pumps etc.
Pavers for pool deck. Question is do we go with the larger size or the brick size? Color?

Pool: Imperial vinyl, free form with walk in steps and a sundeck. 3.5 to 8 feet depth with diving board. 19,144 gallon. 20 x 40

PB is steering us to chlorine vs SWG not sure why, need to revisit. He mentioned pucks but after all the CYA issues I have read about here not so sure about that direction.

Heater: no natural gas available. Will have to have a propane tank set. Does it have to be buried? We are up grading electric service, in part for this project, so we will have capacity for heat pump. From what PB told us and comments I have read here not so sure we want electric. Have heat pumps in house and know the response to a call for heat can be long.

Planned start is mid August but it has been a bit wet at times here in SW Ohio hence pushing these guys back on their scheduling.

Thank you for any comments insight and suggestions. Will keep you updated as things progress.

Hi, welcome to TFP! Very exciting for you to be building a pool! Feel free to ask plenty of questions, we are happy to help.

There is no good reason not to have a SWG if you want one. If pb is adamant about not installing one you can always add one later.

Post some pictures of your home or the area nearest the pool deck and we can help you decide on colors and other aesthetics. How old are the grandkids? If you have little bitties you will need exta safety precautions in place.

Pool layout uploaded.
Please comment on equipment specified by PB:
40 x 20 free form

GLI pool liner
Two Skimmers
Two Returns
One Pentair Intellibrite 5G (under diving board)
Ladder
Pentair Mastertemp High Perf. Heater (did not specify what model / BTUs)
Pentair Inteliflo variable speed and flow pump (no model specified)
Pentair FNS Plus Fiberglass D.E. Filter- (no model specified)
Rainbow Model 300 / 320 Automatic Chlorine / Bromine Feeder
Cleaning Kit (whats in it ???)

Any insight is appreciated!

Cleaning kit is probably your pool brush, pole, vacuum, vacuum hose, and net. I would skip the inline chlorinator (Rainbow) and ask for a credit, but if you decide to leave it in it won't hurt anything.

jpg.gif
jpg.gif

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 51
  • color rendering resized.jpg
    color rendering resized.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 50
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.