New Build Design, Equipment & Plan Advice - Florida

I LOVE the tile picks! The accent will really be pretty!

Kim

Thanks Kim, that was all my wife. Of course, the tile they gave us was labeled wrong and it is going back...

I think we are quite happily surprised how big it feels. Most pools in neighborhoods around here are curvy and might be 29' long and 13' wide at some point but the rectangle really maximizes the space vs a curvy pool. Of course, that was our hope and plan. We are really happy how it has turned out.

They will likely be out tomorrow to do plumbing, rough electrical, bonding, water features, etc.

There has been some rain delay but it they have made some progress. I am going to have to delay the deck crew, they were supposed to come out this week but it looks like we will need to delay that until next week. Rain is expected all day today. Footers still need to be inspected and then poured. Inspection should happen today and then pour tomorrow.

After what seemed like nothing getting done for the last 2 weeks, the tile was finished, footers poured, plumbing tested, inspections completed and one of the most exciting parts, the travertine coping and travertine will go in today and tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you everyone. Time is a funny thing, we have been waiting so long but it is finally getting close. Screen is going in next week and pebbletec is scheduled for the week after.

Since I am acting as as the GC, I have been able to keep everyone scheduled better even while there have been delays. Every time there is a delay, I call the other contractors and reschedule I I stay in front of their lead time.. I believe that most of the builders finish one thing then call the contractor, then that contractor has a lead time and that happens over and over. With more than 10 contractors involved, that can introduce alot of delay.

The travertine is done. It is beautiful. The company did a great job. My wife kept commenting how the man doing the cutting was a artist with a big saw.

Re: New Build Design, Equipment & Plan Advice - Florida

We are really close.

Screen enclosure is almost done.

Pebblesheen was applied yesterday. They got here about 9 and were done by 12:30. It was about 9 guys working like a machine together.

They will be back today to acid wash it, clean the deck. Final power should be done today as well. We are in the last few days.

I also finished up the outdoor shower, adding 3 new hose bibs, fixing / reworking sprinkler system and put down 1200 sq ft of sod. Have another 1200 to go.

SO pretty! I can't wait to see it with water in in!

Now get some wash clothes and tape and empty soda bottle for the hoses. You want to wrap the cloth around the metal end of the hose to keep it from marring your new plaster. The soda bottles will allow it to float when there is enough water to do so.

Here are some links I have put together for your new pool. Make sure to run the "how to star up new plaster" one by your PB as HE holds the warranty card!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Do you have your test kit yet? Let us know which one the PB gives you so can know if it is one of the ones we like.

Kim:cat:

Hello from another Floridian :cool: Love your pool! I've got a few steps to catch up to you on my pool build as they are supposed to do footers soon, then pavers. They put in some forms yesterday but did not show up this morning.
Glad to see that your screen went in before the plaster. Did they keep it clean? Hope my WetEdge contractor takes care. I always thought screen was last but never asked the PB until recently.

Hello from another Floridian :cool: Love your pool! I've got a few steps to catch up to you on my pool build as they are supposed to do footers soon, then pavers. They put in some forms yesterday but did not show up this morning.
Glad to see that your screen went in before the plaster. Did they keep it clean? Hope my WetEdge contractor takes care. I always thought screen was last but never asked the PB until recently.

The PebbleTec company did a great job keeping everything reasonably clean. They cleaned up quite a bit yesterday and already came back today to do acid wash and final cleaning.

Water is going in now. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.