New Build Concerns with City Water

DreamFamof4

Gold Supporter
Nov 7, 2018
Michigan
Hello all!

First I have to say I’m pretty sure I’m addicted to the TFP forums. I’m already really excited to be here and think what you all do as a community is pretty amazing.

We have our first new pool being built. It was poured last fall and supposed to be finished early Spring but weather here this Spring has been uncooperative at best. Anyway we are waiting on plaster and concrete but I have been concerned by posts of problems with minerals and other things in source water. I don’t mind trucking water in if I have too and at this point I think my wife would sell her soul to be in the pool as fast as possible.

Questions:
What do I need to look for on our water report to make sure the water is safe for filling?

Would trucked in water be better or get us swimming faster?

When will this wet weather break so we can finish our pool? ( just kidding)

Thanks all really glad to be here!

The stuff that gives the most problems is metals, followed by high Calcium. Copper and Iron can stain the plaster. Calcium can form scale.

You probably already know if these are problematic, because you have hard water deposits on showerheads and clogging the coffeemaker and rust stains in the shower and toilet. And you drink bottled water or have a filter or softener.

df,

As Richard pointed out, if you had bad water, you would already know it.. That said, you can buy water test kits and just test it. I suspect your water is just fine.

Most people that truck water in, do so because they are on a well, which can have high minerals as well as a limited amount of water it can provide at any one time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks. No major issues with things mentioned. The last water report only showed copper on the report but no listing of iron (don’t know if that means they didn’t find any or didn’t test for it). Anyway the copper was at 109ppb. Does that sound like a problematic level? I planned on buying a test I just was looking for a resource on levels the different things are problematic so I know what the tests are telling me.

Thanks again

Where I live in Indiana the pool water trucks go to designated fire hydrants and fill their tanks with the same water that comes from my outside spigot. Our pool builder did use trucked in water to fill our pool, which was nice because it filled very fast. But I had to treat the water the same regardless of the source. Our water is very hard with a high TA and a high CH but PH was good. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.