New Build - Central PA (First Time Pool Owner)

Well.......we are finally there....at least to a point where swimming can happen. We had AquaBright application about three weeks ago and filled the pool the next day. First, I have to say that as frustrated as I was with the pool builder during the entire process (predominately due to very poor communication) the work product is great. Second, the AquaBright and tile selections look awesome together. We ended up going with the Blue Lagoon and we absolutely love the finish. All of our friends/neighbors can't get over the finish.

As for the Blue Lagoon color, i can't express enough the change in pool appearance depending on the time of day and the amount of sun hitting the pool at any given time. In direct sun, the pool just shimmers a beautiful medium blue color. When the sun goes down/behind a cloud, the shimmer lessens and the pool takes on a deeper blue color. I really has character which is pretty cool.

I've uploaded a bunch of newer (not exactly current) photos of the project. Lots to do yet but its coming. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, I can not capture the true character of the AB finish on a photo. If you are considering AB, I high recommend that you have your proposed pool builder take you to some sample pools with the AB finish to find the color that perfect for you.

So much work yet to do......... :)

Attachments

• IMG_4492.jpg
    IMG_4492.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4508.jpg
    IMG_4508.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4489.jpg
    IMG_4489.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4396.jpg
    IMG_4396.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4375.jpg
    IMG_4375.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4502.jpg
    IMG_4502.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4503.jpg
    IMG_4503.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4411.jpg
    IMG_4411.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4387.jpg
    IMG_4387.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 90
Beautiful pool...congrats! The little pool house looks great and you have a ready made mound of dirt for dirt bikes :)

Beautiful pool...congrats! The little pool house looks great and you have a ready made mound of dirt for dirt bikes :)

LOL....am I ever ready to get rid of Mt. Everest. I'm actually doing some of the grading/landscaping myself. I just need more time in my day so i can jump on the John Deere and get the dirt spread out. We are using it mostly on the side of the pool that they had to build up to level the pool to smooth out the slope of the ground. Few more weeks.... Biggest issue now is that the ground is so compacted in the dirt areas that when it rains, water doesn't soak in....it just runs. We'll be tilling the ground and putting down more top soil before seeding. Big project. Currently finishing up the sound system around the pool. I buried speaker wire in conduit to each corner of the pool beyond the decking. Ran everything to the shed and will be installing a Bluetooth enabled receiver in there that will power landscape speakers. My goal is to have the electric in the shed as well as the sound system up and running by the end of the weekend. Landscaping goes so much easier with good tunes on! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.