New build- Baytown, TX

everything going good so far. This first month we ran the pump 24/7 at 1750 RPM. Our electricity bill only went up by $3 from the previous month (cooler weather helped). I decided I will leave it on 24/7 til atleast summer when bill will get higher.

Pool guy added salt in yesterday and gave us couple bags extra. Seems pretty simple using aquapure controller. Will just have to decide run time and percentage. Thinking starting it 8 hrs a day at 40% and adjust from there.

I have adjusted my CYA to 60, TA is up to 90 by itself and I have been aiming for 6 for FC. CH is either 200 or 225 I forgot which one

You can use this to determine SWCG time. SWG Run Time Calculator
I would assume 1 ppm of FC loss per day right now. Probably on the high side and will be going lower as we enter into winter.

Up to you on running the pump that much. You can probably get it down to just a couple hours a day if you want.

Take care.

Not too much to update. Bringing my TA down from 90 slowly to slow down pH rise. It’s at 80 right now. Knocked down by SWG percentage to 10%.

Built and painted this privacy wall a couple weeks ago to hide pool equipment. We both liked how it turned out
0add7d2f2f85ca5bf5f03bd816112675.jpg
30b47840a66dd401d9a933ec23382eee.jpg

its been awhile since I did any update. My salinity reading for the last week or 2 has been going crazy. I cleaned the trisensor and it didn't really help. Tried looking online just to buy it and replace it myself but couldn't find the exact one I had. After calling jandy they said I should talk to my pool builder since their equipment comes with 3 year warranty. I called and they sent out a pool service company today and it turns out they installed an old model of the sensor. The pool guy was surprised that it even works. I have not been home to see it but I am assuming he installed the one like I see online but my wife did say the salinity reading is where it should be now

edit...I will say looking back at this thread that I wish I would have noticed the water stain coming out of the return by the waterfall when I was filling up the pool for first time. There is a stain there and I don't think anything can be done about it

Last edited:
Reactions: mknauss
Nice build! We're in Mont Belvieu, and about to sign our contract to build (Backyard Amenities, as A&S rubbed the wrong way after some questions were asked). Glad to see Harvey went well through your process, and even acted as an interim retention pond. We fared well out in our parts, but obviously everyone didn't fall into that category.

Anything you'd do differently, if you went back all over again? This forum has been an immense resource, and helped us nail down details or even considerations we never would have thought of.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.