New build- Baytown, TX

Wife just said tile crew done
299053ac4dcde0849522c39ad6db304e.jpg

Trying to come up with how to landscape the area next to our house between pool. Wife thinks it would be too much mulch if we did it like the design. We planned on doing hibiscus trees/plants and not the 2 rows of flowers.

Supposed to pour next Wednesday or Thursday
f37f5de76ea050de7ff6eb3519ad6f78.jpg
a10947891834a522576c3ab92d17cc26.jpg

Trying to come up with how to landscape the area next to our house between pool. Wife thinks it would be too much mulch if we did it like the design. We planned on doing hibiscus trees/plants and not the 2 rows of flowers.

Supposed to pour next Wednesday or Thursday

Just my 2 cents, It seems like everyone I know says that they wish they had gotten more deck area. I would take the deck to the house and put a couple of nice big potted plants but have the area for use. Ive seen too many horror stories about mulch getting in pools, to get it that close and have kids around it!:shock:

Passed electrical inspection. They called and never messed with the depth. They added a marking tape above the conduit in the open spots.

Yesterday they came out to pour decking. Inching closer and closer. They are supposed to do cleanup Friday and reinstall our fence Saturday. My wife was able to talk to the scheduler and get the pre-plaster walkthru moved up to this Friday as well.

Test kit should arrive today. Tf-100 XL

42d9605aecff6037fabc5466d8433375.jpg
fe40140a1dfa326d70112af926824bfe.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our PM came today and talked to my wife about starting up the pool. They told us to buy 8 gal of muriatic acid, add 8 lbs of stabilizer, add in the bottle in picture, to buy minimum 10 lbs of tri-chlor chlorine tablets. Paperwork says not to add in any chlorine for the first week. Also we need to get the pool tested by a professional every month and keep the printout for the life of our pool to maintain warranty. Here is the recommended levels:
TA-80-110
PH- 7.2-7.4
Cl-2-3 in summer
.5-1 in winter
CH-200-400
CYA-30-50

Is this bottle good to add or will I already face an uphill battle?
da4dda6e7ff16022215ea08ec13baffa.jpg

Looks like it's oxalic acid.

http://www.nationalpools.com/pdfs/sds/UCC-Pool-Stain-Treat.pdf

check out this post. Oxalic Acid Treatment and Calcium Oxalate Worries
chlorine turns it to carbon dioxide which will lower your PH. But looks to be ok. If the PB wants you to use it for warranty I would.

As for the Muratic does he want it all dumped in at the beginning? I think we waited 4 days before the PB used tabs. I then let them run out and went straight chlorine. Each tab adds about 1.6ppm of CYA to 10k of water. I had checked my CYA when there was still plaster dust in the pool it through off the results. . Before about a week of you have plaster dust and wasn't accurate. I'd wait on the stabilizer until the pool is clear.

That cya he wants you to have is to low. I would save or print Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart. 70-80 is where you want to be with a SWG. Also you can't use the SWG for the first 30 days with a new pool since you are not suppose to add salt.

I know you have a warranty and if you need to go to the pool store for a sample once a month to comply then do it but I wouldn't use the results. Use a taylor or TF-100 test kit and log your own results and the use pool math to adjust.

Heck yeah! that is exciting seeing the spray deck done. We are close to that stage as well. When you get a chance can you take a picture of your drain and how it exits the side of the deck? the long "deck o drain" they put in? We're having one put in as well but i'd like to see your finished product. Looks great!

OH yeah! I see water!!

Okay, your water/plaster may look a little green in the beginning. This is very normal. It will change as the water gets balanced and the plaster cures. Lots of brushing in your future but oh so worth it!!!

When will your equipment be turned on?

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.