New Build - Austin, Texas - Slide Video

Love the hand prints! The seal of approval.
Are you putting in some type of barrier to keep your toddler out of the pool?

Ha! Thanks!

We are planning to put a child safety fence (the removable mesh kind where the poles stick down into the deck) all the way across the edge of the existing patio, basically right next to where the channel drain will go. So the fence won't really go around the pool, it will act more as a second layer of defense from getting out of the house through the back doors.

That kind of fence is a good little guy plan. Please put and keep the alarms on the door and windows that lead out to the pool as well. Yeah they are a pain when you forget to turn them off before you go out but.............so worth it when a child tries to sneak out to the pool on their own!

I hope you share pictures of your little guy in the pool and the smile on his face.

By the way, I shared your pictures with hubby, especially the hand prints at the pool pad. I said we can do that and he said, yeah of the pets. Well. . . I might be able to do that.

We have our shep's paw print on our equipment pad. I had the hose set and ready right by the pad. Had him sit "right there" and give me his paw. He did and I placed it and pressed down. As soon as I picked up his paw I rinsed it off. It came out purrfect!

• Love
Reactions: colleenbevans
That kind of fence is a good little guy plan. Please put and keep the alarms on the door and windows that lead out to the pool as well. Yeah they are a pain when you forget to turn them off before you go out but.............so worth it when a child tries to sneak out to the pool on their own!
Yep will do! We will have child locks on all the doors as well.

I hope you share pictures of your little guy in the pool and the smile on his face.

By the way, I shared your pictures with hubby, especially the hand prints at the pool pad. I said we can do that and he said, yeah of the pets. Well. . . I might be able to do that.

Will post pictures for sure!

We did the human handprints, then by the time I had the idea for the dog's pawprint it was too late. Doh.

Great progress! How much you want to bet they went and worked on another yard??? This was there is work done at each yard so the clients are happy but not done :( I do NOT like this business model at all and hope I am wrong.

Great progress! How much you want to bet they went and worked on another yard??? This was there is work done at each yard so the clients are happy but not done :( I do NOT like this business model at all and hope I am wrong.
Ha! I had thought that might be the case at first, but then I noticed that they left most of their tools on my porch. After seeing what they left behind, I leaned towards them just looking for an excuse for a day off (which I can't blame them too much for, I bet they have been extremely busy this season). It is raining today so no more progress expected. Supposed to not have rain for many days in a row starting tomorrow, so hopefully they can get a lot done in this next week ahead of us.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well after an unexpected 5 week break of no work, for no particular believable reason from the PB, we now have a slide mounted into position. The slide is exciting, but I am hoping that they get back on track now and get this thing finished up. Today marks 6 months to the day that we signed the contract, and about 4 months since the dig. Definitely getting pool construction fatigue at this point, ready for all of this to be over!2020-12-11 15.38.53.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Slaru
What are they putting on the side of your spa facing the pool? (Where the blue pole is). You don't want that plastered. . . And you probably answered this someplace or it's written up in your specs and I'm too lazy to flip back and read it. !!

Ours was delayed, too. Weather is the main cause with rain and freezing temps. That and the mud. Then it's the holidays. Competition with other pool builds. *sigh*

What are they putting on the side of your spa facing the pool? (Where the blue pole is). You don't want that plastered. . . And you probably answered this someplace or it's written up in your specs and I'm too lazy to flip back and read it. !!

Ours was delayed, too. Weather is the main cause with rain and freezing temps. That and the mud. Then it's the holidays. Competition with other pool builds. *sigh*

The grey area in the spa will be covered by 1x1 glass tile that is the same style as the 1x2s used in the rest of the pool. We wanted the spa to look slightly different just as an accent.

Sorry to hear about your delays! The weather hasn't been too big of a factor. The PB claims that they were waiting on the slide hardware (the steel supports) because they forgot to order them. Also said they were waiting on the pool equipment. However there is so much work to do that doesn't depend on those items that I am skeptical that was really the reason. I think like you said, competing projects were the likely culprit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.