New build at modern-style home

You can fence in a whole backyard and meet pool code it's done all the time. Around here no chainlink fence will pass mo matter the height. In some areas they do so as advised call the town inspector hes the final say

You can fence in a whole backyard and meet pool code it's done all the time. Around here no chainlink fence will pass mo matter the height. In some areas they do so as advised call the town inspector hes the final say

Thanks, Jimmy. I hope we can do the same thing. Our local code allows chain link as long as the openings are below a certain size, and if there is a solid top rail. Even a tiny little 4-foot fence is allowed. Easy to hop over. Ours will be 8' high to keep the deer out, so hopefully that will satisfy any grumpy inspectors as well as exclude any wandering teenagers. :)

Thanks! I think the key will be convincing the inspector that the whole yard is the "pool area
This does work most places, but most of those places then require any house exit to the ‘pool area’ to have an alarm. You can get cheapo 9volt battery ones and you wouldn’t be the first person to remove the batteries the second the inspector left.

I am in NC. We fenced in the whole yard and got the stick on alarm for our sliding doors and then I removed and returned it post inspection as we are kid free. The inspectors spent all of 3 minutes inspecting the gates (basic metal springs worked).

Hi everyone! I know I haven't posted an update to this project in a long time. We struggled and struggled trying to fit a pool into our design, but ended up deciding against it. Every solution we came up with had major downsides, like big walls blocking off part of the yard, or possible damage to valuable trees. So, we went in a different direction with a landscape architect, more room for garden beds, and a hot tub instead of a pool.

We re-did the decking in Black Locust wood--it's a domestic hardwood with incredible rot resistance. It's difficult to work with but our builders did a great job, and I hope it lasts a long time. We chose a Sundance Hamilton 780 for the hot tub. We ordered it sight-unseen last December and it finally showed up last month. It's a great tub so far! Seems well built and stylish.

I miss the pool a little bit, and I'm sure our retriever dog does too, but we saved a lot of money and construction difficulty. We turned an unused corner of our house into a little outdoor shower area, which will be nice for rinsing off before and after tubbing, and still gives you a little bit of that "being in water outside" feeling that the pool used to. Not the same, but nice!

Anyway, thanks for sticking around to read the conclusion of our project! Now I need to go finish the tub's first refill! If anyone is in the Raleigh/Durham area and wants to know more about the folks who built this us, let me know and I can share some details!

Tim

88FF061E-5124-4FCF-890F-878F777B427C_1_105_c.jpeg0534202F-880A-4E26-B7EE-F42908392A5B_1_105_c.jpegA50757C2-87E3-4AFE-AB35-A3F281BEF442_1_105_c.jpeg4A50A3AA-51A7-49C1-9B32-9AA512DB5BB6_1_105_c.jpegBF56BF82-17D1-4101-BD42-66534EAA7844_1_201_a.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.