New build at modern-style home

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
You can fence in a whole backyard and meet pool code it's done all the time. Around here no chainlink fence will pass mo matter the height. In some areas they do so as advised call the town inspector hes the final say

tybstar

Mar 27, 2016
Chapel Hill, NC
You can fence in a whole backyard and meet pool code it's done all the time. Around here no chainlink fence will pass mo matter the height. In some areas they do so as advised call the town inspector hes the final say
Thanks, Jimmy. I hope we can do the same thing. Our local code allows chain link as long as the openings are below a certain size, and if there is a solid top rail. Even a tiny little 4-foot fence is allowed. Easy to hop over. Ours will be 8' high to keep the deer out, so hopefully that will satisfy any grumpy inspectors as well as exclude any wandering teenagers. :)

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
Thanks! I think the key will be convincing the inspector that the whole yard is the "pool area
This does work most places, but most of those places then require any house exit to the ‘pool area’ to have an alarm. You can get cheapo 9volt battery ones and you wouldn’t be the first person to remove the batteries the second the inspector left.

ModernCha

May 29, 2019
Charlotte, NC
I am in NC. We fenced in the whole yard and got the stick on alarm for our sliding doors and then I removed and returned it post inspection as we are kid free. The inspectors spent all of 3 minutes inspecting the gates (basic metal springs worked).