New build, 10X20 vinyl, 3'to 5', S. Carolina

Not a lot of visual progress. Friday and Saturday morning spent laying out deck, compacting dirt, mounting deck drain to house. Rained Saturday afternoon, more rain Monday, plans to pour deck Tuesday.

Attachments

• 1523212313242-847506642.jpg
    1523212313242-847506642.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 1523212350205-1570112008.jpg
    1523212350205-1570112008.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 1523212499756562574799.jpg
    1523212499756562574799.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 141
May I ask why you decided on a smaller pool? It looks really nice! I have a nearly 5 year old granddaughter (in profile pic) and she loves her pool. Some day I'm going to build her an in ground.:mrgreen:

The size of the pool was dictated by the small yard, municipal setbacks, and of all things, a 10 foot right of way for a septic line. I thought of putting in the side yard where I'm moving the steps to, but that would've required a code variance from the city. And the installation of a window in the kitchen just to be able to see the pool while inside the house. Where it is now, we can enjoy it from the sunroom windows, and our bedroom. I feel like it's going to be plenty big for our needs. We don't entertain much at all. The smaller size convinced me to splurge on a heater. I would never have tried to heat my last pool, and it stayed cold (to me) until late May. The solar cover is going to be so much easier to handle. And I was able to buy a 20X40 and cut it in half for 2 covers! My builder has started using Aqua genies, probaly due less plumbing, so I requested an additional return , so I can hook up a mister for it in the middle of the summer.

The size of the pool was dictated by the small yard, municipal setbacks, and of all things, a 10 foot right of way for a septic line. I thought of putting in the side yard where I'm moving the steps to, but that would've required a code variance from the city. And the installation of a window in the kitchen just to be able to see the pool while inside the house. Where it is now, we can enjoy it from the sunroom windows, and our bedroom. I feel like it's going to be plenty big for our needs. We don't entertain much at all. The smaller size convinced me to splurge on a heater. I would never have tried to heat my last pool, and it stayed cold (to me) until late May. The solar cover is going to be so much easier to handle. And I was able to buy a 20X40 and cut it in half for 2 covers! My builder has started using Aqua genies, probaly due less plumbing, so I requested an additional return , so I can hook up a mister for it in the middle of the summer.

You can get 4 pieces from a 20 x 40 cover. That’s what we do [emoji3]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I see! I figured it was probably something like set backs but wanted to ask! I can't wait to see it finished.

SO CLOSE!! OH YEA!!!

Chlorine and muriatic acid canNOT be put in at the same time.Wait at least 15 mins of pump run time between adding them..............everything else can be added together without any worry.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.