New balance question

creightont

Jul 1, 2020
TN
My k2006c kit arrived today. I did a full work up of my new pool water. Results below. The only thing the pool builder/installer has done to condition the water is add a cap full of slam and throw a couple chlorine pucks in the aqua genie skimmers (x2).

Should I be concerned with no fc? I think I should from pool school, just seems odd the ph is ok and no visible signs of problems. Wondering if i should add stabilizer to bring up the cya and see if fc follows? I would think cya and cc might be high due to the pucks in the aqua genies.

Water is clear and no sign of any bacterial problem like algae. Water has been in the pool since last Thursday.

Ph 7.4
Alk 150 (thinking I need to add acid to bring this down)
Calcium 160
Cya 0 (see the dot even with the small tube full)
Fc 0 or near 0 (never really gets pink compared to tap water test)
Cc 0

Did the PB provide you a 28 day plan? Apparently not based on your comments and questions.
It is good to maintain a positive CSI during the early days of fresh plaster.

Plaster Start Up Guidelines

Plaster Start-Up Guides - Further Reading

I'll bump this to couple of the experts you provide info to others in similar position.
@mknauss @duraleigh @Dirk

My signature may not be displaying since I'm posting from my phone. I've got an ig vinyl liner with sand filter so may not need the same treatment as plaster.
Sorry I missed that - I read IG and immediately mind jumped to gunite/plaster. Regardless, other will pop in to assist.

Get FC up immediately using liquid chlorine (or bleach without any additives). FC 3 for now. Then add CYA according to this:

As you increase your CYA level, increase your FC level according to this:

If you have any questions about any of that, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm not well versed on vinyl pools, or with Aqua Genie skimmers or with the use of pucks (because I would never use any). But I'm pretty sure you don't want them in your skimmers if they're still in there.

We have articles about how to add CYA (use granules, NOT liquid). Use liquid chlorine for your FC level. Use Muriatic acid if you need to adjust pH.

The other levels I'll leave to our vinyl pool experts. You wouldn't follow the instructions in the Plaster Start-Up Guides, as you guessed. Do you know if they close pools for the winter where you live? That might influence your chemistry choices this late in the season.

And welcome to TFP. Congrats on the new pool (and good job grabbing the K-2006C)!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.