new and trying to get rid of green algae that came out of no where

Personally, I would add to mustard shock before you leave and ask a friend neighbor to put a minimum of Two gallons of bleach daily, preferably at night. That should help keep you at least at bay.

[emoji176] Lisa P.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

update from vacation:
http://pool.chainsremoved.com/2015/07/21/first-slam/

my numbers are looking good:
31 Jul:
FC 13
CC .5
AK 120
CYA 40-45
CH 275
PH 7.5

yesterday on one FC test I did get a CC of 0, FC is not dropping more than 1 to 1.5 over night.

Last night at 8:20pm FC was 9.5
This morning at 8:05am FC was 8.5

The pool looks clear of algae and the cellulose fiber I started using yesterday looks to be removing the cloudiness. I could see the drains in the deep end for the first time since the pool started to get cloudy and grow algae. So I think I will let the pool settle at its normal FC range and shock once a week until I have the pool crystal clear.

Does that sound like a decent plan?

FYI, I replaced my main pool light with a new bulb and dried it out since it was tripping the breaker. It seems to work great now after two nights. I also had my son brush out the niche and i cleaned the light casing and lens really good. It was a horrible mess when we pulled it out (looked like it had never been cleaned!). I just bought a color changing LED on Amazon, I will let you know how it works after I get it in on my other thread.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...d-RF-light-switch-recommendations-and-reviews

We do not "shock" on TFP we SLAM. Here is the link to how it is done!

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

The M (maintain) is the most important. The more you maintain the FC level at SLAM levels the faster your pool will clear.

If shock once a week your pool will not clear and could get worse.

Kim

Ok, Kim, I will keep it up then. Just added 3 bottles to get it back to SLAM level. I will still use the cellulose b/c it does seem to be clearing the pool faster, I just have to keep backwashing every 4-5 hrs and add more.

For swimming, is it safe to swim at SLAM levels, or do you have wait until it is within normal levels?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.