New AGP Install Drainage Question

Lilliepad

Aug 26, 2019
Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advice on how others have dealt with drainage issues with above ground pool installations. I have just had a 24 foot round, 54" above ground pool installed in my yard. Three quarters of the way around the pool I am able to slope the ground slightly away from the pool, however, over the other 1/4 due to the downward slope of the ground towards the pool I am afraid that water will collect around the pool, softening the soil and causing issues with the stability of the upright supports. I need to maintain a 48" height from the ground per code. Does anyone have any ideas regarding how to steer water away from the pool when the ground is sloping slightly towards it? I can send some pictures in tomorrow of my layout if that would help.

Thank you!

Welcome! :wave: Your issue is fairly common. Perhaps the most common approach I've seen to divert water flow from the high side is a retaining wall and/or building/compacting the soil in such a way as to promote water diversion. French drains are common on the low side if needed. I'm sure pics will help, so we'll look for those tomorrow so members can reply with more ideas.

Reactions: Amandajo50
So I uploaded a picture including a 4 foot level leaning against the pool so you can see what I am talking about. Basically further to the right of this photo the ground slopes up slightly towards my basement sliding glass door. The yard adjacent to the house on that side slopes up (hence the basement slider). If anyone has this situation and has some pictures of how they diverted drainage away from the pool that would be great.IMG_1588.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Jen Martin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.