New Above Ground Build Northern Virginia (Pics!)

With a 1 year old I would leave EVERY railing up and add more! LOL They can and will try to climb everything and do it FAST!

Safety above all else! Keep that baby safe! You can make changes later when the baby is older (like 20 LOL)

Kim

They started pouring concrete and adding color this morning.
O7Fl3Q3.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MqFDq3G.jpg

They completed the stamping of the concrete

XI0dk5B.jpg

I told him it wasn't the color I asked for but he assured me that when he comes back on Monday and cleans all the dust off he will put two layers of shine on top and I won't have any regrets.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your new deck looks great! I love the stamped pattern and the soldier brick trim (I think that's what you call it....) And I agree with Kim, the color looks good with your house even before the xtra finish.

From the earlier pictures.... I love all the white trim you have everywhere. You guys have done a great job maintaining your place. It looks wonderful!!!

Suz.

Wow oh WOW!!! That fence is magnificent!!! Pool forum, shoot! Post more of the fence! That has to be one of the prettiest fences I've seen. That's so cool how the slats alternate on each side - I don't think I've seen that before. The trim work you did is awesome.... the caps on the posts and the lattice trim on the front with the double wide gate!!! Such a lovely touch! Please don't hide your excitement! You've earned it. :whoot: :whoot::whoot:

The deck connection is going to be awesome. You guys who can do your own building and constructing -- I'm so impressed. In my next life, I want to be able t do that. On this site, there are so many of ya'll who can do it that it seems like there must be a lot in the 'real' world outside of TFP. But I know that's not true. You guys are special! You just show up more on a forum like this! Thanks for inspiring us!

Suz.

Deck is 95% complete. They say you shouldn't work on labor day but I don't mind.

RD64jAo.jpg

8kQAlZm.jpg

tXbv9wa.jpg

I'll be puting some more deck boards under the gazebo to make it look flush and avoid the crawl space.

t2PghSO.jpg

I took off the ladder as there is no need for it anymore

YEIUkny.jpg

Original deck ended at the post on the bottom right, extended another 6 feet to give it a wrap around feel.

DVm4uCj.jpg

Instead of building new stairs we took off the old ones than put them back...BIG MISTAKE!, although our stairs were custom built and better than anything pre made in the store, taking them off was a big pain and putting them back on took more than an hour. Next time build new don't fix old!.

VfDKgZj.jpg

Our existing deck and the pool deck were 2 feet difference in elevation so we built these 2 steps to make up the height. Swing gate will go after the last step.

prAdVJx.jpg

I was going to make stairs going down which I can still do but for now i completed the gate to close it off, perhaps later I'll make stairs. I'll also be covering up any exposed wood with decking to make it look for a clean finish.
I've ordered some white vinyl lattice which I'll put around the entire pool and deck.

yWxKprR.jpg

So 2 months ago this is what my backyard looked like.

NU2IjeX.jpg

Fence close-up.

lurHik9.jpg

Your before fence was very pretty! BUT your now yard.................is AWESOME!

I say you go ahead and make the steps to the equipment. I am the one that takes care of the pool and stuff and find I love my steps my hubby put right by the equipment. It makes life much easier on a daily bases!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.