New 40’x31’ liner lagoon build in Louisiana.

Jun 27, 2015
Iowa
Starting a new inground liner build. 3 returns, 2 skimmers, custom sun deck with liner over steps and bench.
Ordered the pool around March 20. Got approval drawings on June 15. Approved and paid for on June 16th. Still waiting on the panels and sun deck to come in. Stupid Covid is to blame here. So while I’m waiting on the panels I wanted to get the equipment plumbed in so I got everything dry fit to see how it all looked. Going 3” on suction and 2.5 for returns. I still have to put unions at the filter head and salt water generator flow sensors and what not. Let me know if you guys and girls see anything I need to change or add here. Looking forward to getting this pool build underway.ED53B262-2EB2-4314-9130-240D6751C058.jpeg

Attachments

• Talbert Chris Pool 112162.pdf
    278.3 KB · Views: 24
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Congrats on the new pool and current plumbing project. Nice to have everything in a shed like that. :goodjob: Hard to tell from the pic, but since you are still in dry fit mode, consider installing unions as much as possible, or at least in areas when you can expect future maintenance like at the filter, heater, etc. Good luck!

I would have suggested 2.5 inch lines on the suction side and 2 inch lines on the pressure side but there is no harm in doing what you are doing.....just cost and some inconvenience working with larger pipe.

How big is that pump? How big is that filter? How many gallons in the pool?

Reactions: borjis
If you are going thru the effort to use oversized plumbing add more returns. That's a big pool for 3 returns I use 4 minimum on any size pool. Also 2 skimmers is great but I also add a low suction point like dual wall drains. If you ever lower water level to winterize etc. your plumbing cant operate with just skimmers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.