New 18x52 metal sided pool.

Jul 12, 2015
midland tx
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey all, just got installed a 18x52 metal framed pool. Our backyard is sloped bad but the installer got this thing perfectly level. I have had a intex pool before at my old house and bought a hood pump and i never really had issues.

So to start this pool I went to Leslie's and of course they sold me on a bunch of stuff. To start they said add conditioner and run for 24 hours then being them a sample. They then said my copper is to high at a .5 so sold me this metal and stain remover. Put in and run for 24 hours take sample back still at .5. So they say maybe our machine is not reading it right do a chlorine test in a bucket. I do that test and it does not change to green so I shock the pool and put my floating chlorine in. So far the pool is just about a week old now but it's crystal clear. We got some good rain last night and I put a little algacide in this am. One thing is at lealies both times and with my test kit my ph is about a 8. I bought some ph down today but have not put it in yet. What is the best test kit? And any advice for a semi noob? I want to keep it clean. Also I am going to read up on what to do in winter I've never had one that stays up all year. I attached a pic of some of the products I have bought so far. I do have a basic test kit from Leslie's and one I got at home depot. I also was able to get s 50 pound deal of 3 inch chlorine tabs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210703-211424_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703-211424_Gallery.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210703-211452_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703-211452_Messages.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 8
You can take all that back.. If you want you can keep the dichlor and the conditioner but everything else do not use, take it back..

Go to Lowes, HD, Walmart, Ace, Atwood's or any other store that caries 1 gallon jugs of liquid chlorine/liquid shock in 10% or 12.5% , you will probably need about 2 gallons a week but I am not exactly sure.. You can use PoolMath to find out.. Grab you a great test kit Test Kits Compared

Add 1/2 gallon of chlorine a day until you receive your kit and we will go from there.. :)

Reactions: brandon32689
full

Reactions: brandon32689
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.