New 12 x 24 doughboy desert spring with deep end

Well it is raining so I will wait to test the water and plumb the equipment until tomorrow. At least there is water in it!

4751847db846f9542d4b04c5539e60d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tap water will not have CYA........it has to be added.

Your PH is awesome.

Must be city water with the FC

TA is good also.

Did you test for CH? It really will not matter with a vinyl liner but it is good to know for heaters. Some heaters says you need ?? ch for the warranty.

Now go back to post #19. In it is the link to the recommended levels and another link talks about what you can buy and use to adjust each one.

Now you know you will need to buy CYA aka stabilizer. Use Pool Math to find out how much you will need to add to get your CYA to 30 to start with.

Did this help? Let me know if you have ANY more questions. I was new at this one time LOL

Kim:cat:

Plump-------right! Since you are doing it you might want to think about putting in a bypass of the heater. I have heard of others doing it and being glad down the road. Unions, valves, bypasses=good.

Wraenking,
Hi. Congrats on the new pool! We had a Doughboy pool with an expandable liner (deep end) when our kids were young. We, along with all the neighbor kids, had a blast in that pool. And having the deep end made it so much more fun for everyone. The kids could dive down and retrieve rings and play games and swim down and so forth. It was well worth having the 'deep' end. Of course, no diving, but it didn't matter. We all had a blast in that pool. So enjoy!
Sherry

Thanks! Well I finished the plumbing yesterday and the electrician was here. Got hooked up to power and turned on the system. Working really well. He still needs to do the bonding ring so he will be back this week for that.

b011073f03851efa94c97faf7d0cc8c6.jpg
d925c7aa301e8053f64a104c8d41e070.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. We have a landscape package as part of the pool build that will have 18 inches of river stone around it. I also need to install a small retaining wall and a deck around one side. Lots to do.

My salt is reading 3600 ppm on the aquatrol. It says optimal is at 3400. Please tell me I don't need to drain this monster. Lol. Sad part is I was only going to dump half of the last bag and she just poured out.

So I just ran tests

FC: 9
PH: 7.5
TA: 70
CH: 50
CYA: 60
CL BR: 5-10
CC: 0
TC: 9-9.5

Is your SWG happy? If so then no worries I would think. Most people I have seen talk about "testing" say if the SWG is happy then life is good.

Yeah lots to do still BUT you will have a nice, cool pool to jump into when you get hot and dirty! SWEET!

The SWG is happy as far as I can see and I am sure as soon as the kids can jump inwe will lose a little water anyways so refilling with a little fresh water should bring it down a little.

Do the other test results seem ok to you?

thanks!

Thanks. I used that from when you sent it last time but wanted to double check . I will add a little more stabilizer tonight to get the CYA up a bit more and I turned the SWG from 70 down to 40% based on other users with similar sized pools.

Thanks. I used that from when you sent it last time but wanted to double check . I will add a little more stabilizer tonight to get the CYA up a bit more and I turned the SWG from 70 down to 40% based on other users with similar sized pools.

LOVE it! You are learning and apply what you have learned! (I can never remember who I sent what to so I tend to resend just to be on the safe side :rolleyes: LOL Better to have twice than not at all in my eyes)

Another round of tests. Still waiting on bonding ring. Guy "broke down" and couldn't make it tonight. Lol

FC: 16.5. Left pump on run for the last 2 days. Thought I had it on the timer. Hopefully this is why
PH: 7.5
TA: 80
CYA: 70
CL-BR: going orange. Prob because of pump as well
TC: 16.5 I think

Still learning

Yeah the pump running with a SWG will add some extra FC. Just let it drift down and you will be fine.

You do not have to do the drop FC test. It is really just to say "yep I have FC in my pool" kind of test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.