Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2021
SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I keep this inline on lowest setting with just minimal coming out because I don’t want my cya increasing. Liquid chlorine all other. I’m going on vacation for two weeks so I’ll need this working. I went to check and see if any tabs were in and bam never seen this gnarly look before. What’s up?? Help!!!! ***Edit I just realized I actually had this off completely because I wasnt dependent on it. Is that the problem?

Attachments

• 6B6B82B7-78B9-416E-90EB-5FBDE297473B.jpeg
    6B6B82B7-78B9-416E-90EB-5FBDE297473B.jpeg
    481.9 KB · Views: 43
Just use a floater. I put 5-6 pucks in it and let it float around. You have a VS pump so not sure how long you run it at different speeds but when I go away for a week the pucks do well. For 2 weeks you may need to have someone double check it after a week whether you use a floater or a inline chlorinator.

For yours, you can fill it up with some water, and open the valve all the way to try to rinse it before you depart.

So if it was left sitting with the top off then some water and debris probably collected down in there and formed a nice slimy biofilm. It looks like it is disconnected from the pool plumbing at this time, is that correct? If so you could set it in a 5 gallon bucket and try to hose it out, maybe let it soak in a bucket of water and few drops of bleach to clean it up.

Reactions: HermanTX
So if it was left sitting with the top off then some water and debris probably collected down in there and formed a nice slimy biofilm. It looks like it is disconnected from the pool plumbing at this time, is that correct? If so you could set it in a 5 gallon bucket and try to hose it out, maybe let it soak in a bucket of water and few drops of bleach to clean it up.
It is actually connected to plumbing. Should I turn on and run? Pour chrlorine in there to try and clean? Try to scoop it out? Top has never been off.

It is actually connected to plumbing. Should I turn on and run? Pour chrlorine in there to try and clean? Try to scoop it out? Top has never been off.
It is not good to mix chlorine types i.e. liquid with pucks in an closed container. Suggest you unhook from your plumbing - it appears only 3/8" lines are connecting it based on your picture. Flush with water then can add bleach with the top off (not closed system) to try to clean any gunk at the bottom.

I would not add bleach - ever. Even traces of trichlor left in that thing can cause an explosion if you add bleach.
Use water to flush it out.

Once you've cleaned it out leave the pucks out but put it on the highest setting so it gets good water flow. Bump up your chlorine a little and run pool water few it for a few hours. Set it where it needs to be for your vacation, and after the pucks are gone open the setting to full again. Shutting it off probably did allow the remaining water to get nasty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.