Bronze Supporter
Apr 15, 2020
Pageland SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi guys. So we have some very mature Leland Cypresses around our pool. The privacy they afford us is fantastic, especially since our pool is in the middle of a block that's right in the middle of town. IMG_20200429_185549955_HDR.jpg

Boy do they make a mess though! Anybody ever put a net or something up between trees/pool to help with something like that? The typical daily maintenance to keep up with them is no problem, but when a storm blows through it's ridiculous. Clogs up the skimmer, covers the surface of the pool, etc. IMG_20200429_185609448_HDR.jpg

I think you're pretty much stuck if you want to keep those trees. Do they shed all season or do they finish and be done for awhile?

Ugh, I feel for ya. Our pool is surrounded by oaks but they only drop leaves & catkins twice a year. A garden hose snaked around the pool helps prevent stuff from blowing across the pool deck but obviously does nothing for junk falling directly in.

It's not something I can't deal with, and the pros FAR outweigh the cons!

I was just looking at the netting behind home plate at a baseball field AND thinking about the screen rooms over the pools in Florida and thinking surely there's a solution here!

That's not to say I couldn't come up with something and put some posts and a net in, obviously anything is possible. I just wondered if it was something others have done, and perhaps there was a product for it. Thank y'all!

Its not a perfect solution, but it is going to be a lot cheaper than a net or a screened in pool. You might want to consider one of these.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.