Neighbors pool making a swooshing noise

jhanson1978

Sep 16, 2020
Fairfield CA
Hi everyone and I hope you can help. My elderly neighbor has a above ground pool and it is making a swooshing sound all the time. I am trying to help her figure out what the issue would be so we can all enjoy some quite. lol
I took a small recording of the sound and if anyone knows what it is I would be greatly appreciative. I had to zip the file since the M4A file extension is not valid for this forum.

Jason,,

We could not approve your sound attachment as it was your initial post.. A picture of your neighbor's pool and equipment pad would be much more helpful to us..

Do you see any water running or escaping anywhere???

Thanks,

Jim R.

It looks like the equipment is not really close to the pool, so that might help narrow things down. Does it seem like the sound is coming from the pool itself (in which case it could be a skimmer or something like that) or from the equipment, in which case it could be the pump or the filter.

Additionally, I assume that the noise stops when the pump is turned off, but can you confirm that?

Look like pipes going up to roof top solar. Can you turn the solar valve so that there’s no water going up to the roof; just return the water to the pool.

I had a similar situation with my AGP - not sure if I would call the noise a "swoosh" though.

It was the return causing a vortex in the pool and it would occasionally suck air and make a noise. Adjusting the eyeball would only move where the vortex was forming.

I used two elbows to lower the eyeball a couple inches and problem solved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.