Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I recently installed a
Raypak 119000btu heater for my 12x24 Intex SWG AGP. I have noticed the skimmer has lost "sucking" pressure and the return pressure into the pool has decreased as well. The pressure valve is still in the green but bordering the yellow. I have backwashed twice and rinsed with no change. my pump is the Intex ECO15110-2 (i think its a 0.33HP pump)

Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump​

• 12-inch diameter corrosion resistant tank
  • Water flow rate at pump (pump capacity): 2,100 gal/hr
  • Water flow rate at pool (system flow rate): 1,600 gal/hr
  • Timer with 1 to 12 hour pre-set cycle
What should i replace it with?
TIA as always!

You can install a vacuum gauge in the drain plug on the front of your pump basket to measure the "sucking" force of your pump. You may be looking at a problem with your pumps impeller that is causing your water flow loss. It would be sad to replace your filter and then realize your pump was at fault. You may also have a suction side air leak, check the gasket on your pumps filter basket cover and lubricate it with some gasket lube. I use the Aladdin PTFE based lubricant.

You mentioned backwashing but not emptying the skimmer basket and pump basket. You did empty those two baskets didn't you? Also, are your valves fully open?

You can install a vacuum gauge in the drain plug on the front of your pump basket to measure the "sucking" force of your pump. You may be looking at a problem with your pumps impeller that is causing your water flow loss. It would be sad to replace your filter and then realize your pump was at fault. You may also have a suction side air leak, check the gasket on your pumps filter basket cover and lubricate it with some gasket lube. I use the Aladdin PTFE based lubricant.

You mentioned backwashing but not emptying the skimmer basket and pump basket. You did empty those two baskets didn't you? Also, are your valves fully open?
I was thinking of replacing both the filter and the pump.
I have checked for air leaks as well as a clog of debris in the pump basket/pump.
One intake port is plugged and the other is being used for the skimmer, the skimmer basket is clear of debris.
I have back washed 3 times and rinsed after each time.
Valves are fully open.
I have not done a deep clean, but I don't think that would produce such a restriction? the pool is one season old.
I have looked online and seen pumps 1 HP -1.5 HP and im thinking my 0.33 HP just isn't cutting it with the new enormous heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.