Needing a new pool cover

Amyjohn1

Aug 8, 2019
South Dakota
Hello all! I was told when I had a company help me close my pool that I needed a new pool Cover. Our pool is 16x32 and it has an automatic cover. What does everyone suggest? Pay the $4000 for a new cover ? Or get something else to suffice? I’d like to be able to close it when not in use to conserve heat.

Auto cover?? Oh yeah I would pay to have it replaced. You do not want to have to all of the work to get the cover on and off each time you want to use the pool :( After a while you will stop using the pool due to the pain of dealing with the cover.

What reason did they give that you need a new auto-cover? Does it have holes or not move smoothly?

$4k is reasonable to replace the vinyl, ropes, & pulleys on a cover that size.

We had an "Automatic Pool Covers" Cover installed with our new pool build in the fall of 2017 and this season (beginning of it's 3rd season) it started moving a little roughly and yesterday discovered we had a broken rope. Ropes only have a 1 year warranty and since they are sewn into the cover, "Automatic Pool Covers" is suggesting we get a whole new cover. I've also noticed some discoloration of the fabric near the leading edge bar which looks like it's getting brittle and dry. I'm thinking of going with a CoverStar cover this time. I'm waiting on a price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.