Need to SLAM, just ordered testing kit.

Of, FC was 4.5 when I got home. ? CC was 1.0, this was the first time it ever took two drops. But I don't test CC each time.

The pool looks good. I still don't know if it looks sparkly - there are stains everywhere that I think are metals. So it's hard to say.

I just added 172 oz to get back to 12. I feel like my CYA is probably too low to sustain the Texas sun. But I should probably pass OCLT before adjusting the CYA, right?

For OCLT, when I test after the sun goes down, does that mean when it's dark out? Or when I no longer have direct sun on the pool? Want to make sure to get a good reading tonight before bed so I can see how much we are losing overnight.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm so confused. I just tested and got FC 16.

I must have the gallons wrong. That's the only thing that would make sense. Or we have horrid circulation? Ugh.

Last night before bed the FC had dropped to 11.5 so I added roughly half a gallon - I had scrubbed the rock waterfall pretty well prior to that so I sprayed the rocks, plus added some bleach to that general area.

Tested 30 min later after removing crepe myrtle flowers from pool and FC was at 14.5.

It was 15 this morning. Probably didn't give everything enough time to circulate last night before testing.

Continuing SLAM of course. Wondering about water clarity ... When you guys say you should be able to see a quarter in the deep end, is that with the pump and/or water features turned off? Because the ripples in the water make it tough to see.

Can't tell if I'm overthinking this whole thing or if I'm truly not there yet.

On both my OCLT (had to slam twice due to mudslide) I gained FC during night too...and it was hours after I had added bleach at night. I attributed it to testing error. If you can clearly see a coin in the deep end I'd say you passed. But if you want to try again no harm in that either.

PS...another test I do is with goggles I can see 38' from one wall to the other under water...it's that clear.

I seriously don't know what I'd do without you guys. Thank you so much! I can't wait until I'm as educated as you are and can start helping people too!

I'll let you know what the FC is this afternoon. I'm thinking next order of business is going to be to get the CYA up a bit. But we will see how many ppm I lose today while I'm at work.

Megsy it is SUCH a joy to help you! You listen and follow through!

I have found that I learn a LOT just by reading just about every thread I can in each area. Everyone is so wonderful that I can/will ask a question if I do not know or understand something and someone will answer in a very kind way!

Kim

Okay FC was 5 when I got home, CC less than .5.

Added 1 gallon of 10% bleach.

I also tested the pH since the FC was low enough and it was at 8.2+ so I added a quart of muriatic acid. Please tell me I did the right thing there!

I need to get more MA.

I think I'm seeing the sparkle ... ??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I didn't think to test the pH until after I added the bleach (but used the FC 5 sample to test pH) so I wasn't able to get a good reading. I only had 1 qt of MA on hand so I added that even though pool math was asking for more.

I'm going to pick some up tomorrow. I'm thinking we may pass OCLT overnight and I'll be able to test pH again tomorrow. I turned the water feature off, which I've been running since starting the SLAM because I don't want to over-aerate the water.

Megs you do need to run your water feature BUT only for about 5 or 10 mins a day to keep the pipes from getting yucky.

Aerating will cause your PH to rise as you have found.

I want you to look back at your first pic. Look at how far your pool has come! Is your hubby loving the TFP pool??

Kim

FC last night before going to bed was 14; it's 13 this am and no CC. I see a couple leaves in the pool that weren't there last night - darn nature! ;)

I know it's technically a pass but I'm going to go one more night. I'm also going to test the pH this afternoon and add more MA if necessary.

Hoping that, and one more night of SLAM will do the trick!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.