Need to SLAM, just ordered testing kit.

Super helpful! I am going to try this when the sun comes up. Our house backs up to woods and there are occasionally critters in our skimmers. And I'm a wuss.

Thanks so much! Man, I love this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10:45 pm
FC 15

7:30 am
FC 14

Sun is up but not directly shining on pool. All of the pumice grit settled and the cloudiness has abated. I'm still not sure if the water has that sparkle I'm looking for so I'm not sure I'm ready for OCLT .. The quarter test: shallow end or deep end?

9:30 am
FC 13.5

11:30 am
FC 10
Added 46 oz

Brought Polaris to the pool store. The backup valve was installed backward. No wonder the old owner hated that thing. It's running perfect now.

Also realized the scoop owner had been using for DE was 1/4 size it's supposed to be so we've been adding 1/4 the amount we were supposed to. Christ, I feel like an idiot.

Sometimes trips to the pool store can be fruitful!

I was so hoping you understood what I was saying. It is SO hard for me to write what I mean. I use my hands SO much to convey what I mean.

I LIKE to vacuum my pool (not my house LOL). It is very much a quiet time for me.

Kim

2 pm
FC 9.5
Added 62 oz

4 pm
FC 8.5
Added 92 oz

5:30 pm
FC 13

6:45 pm
FC 11.5
Added 16 oz

I realize I overshot a couple times but I was going to be running errands and it was full blazing sun.

I may try OCLT tonight just to see ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim! You're such a great cheerleader.

So after we pass OCLT, I should run a whole battery of tests and then we see what needs to be adjusted, right? You guys will help me through that too?

I'm scared to be finished with the SLAM. I know that sounds stupid, but things are simple when I'm just worried about keeping my chlorine level at 12! I'm worried it's going to get super complicated after we are done.

What if my CYA is now too low for a pool in the Texas heat that gets a ton of direct sunlight?

How will I know what my ideal chlorine level is? I work, so doing a SLAM over the weekend was perfect. But what if I pass OCLT tonight and tomorrow night (I'm not brave enough to be done after one night) and then because I'm at work and can't babysit the pool it all goes to the green monster?

Megsy dont panic ! :shock:

Take a deep breath. Everything will be easy peasy. :calm::D

The slam is the hard part and your doing GREAT at it. Between everyone here at TFP and Pool Math everything will be adjusted perfectly and the green monster will never come back.

I tested last night before bed just to make sure and FC was at 9. Not sure what happened there. Added more bleach but fell asleep before twig again. Shall try again tonight.

Question about today though since I'm heading to work in a bit - any idea he level I should aim for since I won't be back until late afternoon?

I have some links for you. I want you to print out these:

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

I think these three things will help if you have them printed out and can look at them without having the computer right by you.

Yes run a full set of tests and share them. We WILL guide you on what to do.

I SO understand not really wanting to stop the SLAM! It has done such a wonderful job on your pool that you don't want to let it go! I get it!

We will take it one day at a time.

CYA-you will find what your pool wants/needs. It may take some watching. Make sure you write all of your test results down and keep a running log so you can see patterns with your water. After a while it will be so second nature you will be able to see what your pool needs just by looking at it!

HUGS!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

You must have been typing while I was LOL

Aim for a FC of 5 ppm over your SLAM level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.