Need to replace an OLD sand filter

Amyannwilson

Aug 9, 2019
Iowa
1623866328760.pngJust had the plumber out and he is going to redo all the pool plumbing in our garage. It's long overdue. He said our pump looks good but he would suggest a new sand filter while he has everything apart. and says it seems to be leaking slightly around the cirumference and I assume parts are no longer available haha. But him being a plumber and not a pool person I am responsible for finding a new sand filter. We live in the midwest with lots of trees, pollen and corn. What sand filter would be best I would assume Hayward since that is what my pump is and multi port valve are. And since it is presently side mounted should I stick with that. Thanks for any input.

So, now that I know I can get parts. Should i just take it apart and start replacing things. Or would it be smarter to just get a new filter. Besides it slightly leaking it seems to keep the pool nice and clean. Thanks

My strong suggestion is to ditch the mess of a sand filter and go cartridge. You can really simplify your plumbing as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.