Need to figure out concrete pitch.

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Ok, so for the life of me I can’t seem to wrap my head around the correct way to get a final solution.

The hot tub that I’m putting in is 7ft wide and can have no more then a 1” tilt across its width.
The concrete pad that I’m pouring will be 12ft wide with a 2” pitch for drainage. If I place the hot tub centered on the pad, how do I figure out the pitch the tub will have? :scratch: :brickwall:

Rise over run.

1/84=0.0119

2/144=0.0138

So over 7’ you will have 1.243” tilt if you put the hot tub on a 12” slab with a 2” tilt.

Reactions: Arizonarob
Since you're pouring the pad, make a 7 foot square in the center that's level for the spa and then slope all directions from there.

This is like concrete 101 Rob.... I'm going to remove your GIF privileges for 72 hours

Since you're pouring the pad, make a 7 foot square in the center that's level for the spa and then slope all directions from there.

This is like concrete 101 Rob.... I'm going to remove your GIF privileges for 72 hours

It may be 101 for you, but I’ve never done a pad of this size before. And I think it’s all the adult beverages being consumed during quarantine that’s foggin up me brain. :crazy:

And if you stick with your original plan then lower the slope. 2" is a lot for 12'

I was matching the existing slope of the patio, but I think I will do it at 1” and pray it can keep up with monsoon rains.

And my Gif privileges are still in full affect!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.