Need to buy new pump motor

geocacher

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Hey Guys,

So my pump has started smoking. I tried to get it to stop. The whole lecture, smoking kills, blah, blah, blah, but you know how kids can be. So here I am, needing a new one. I need some advice. When I google the model # etc. I get various results and don't know which I should buy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I have a 26,000 gallon, in ground vinyl liner, DE filter. Is that all you need to know?
Here are two pics of the current motor to try to help clarify my situation. Thank you in advance for your time and help with this issue!
Well at least i think the pics are attached. I see the jpegs up top but no actual pictures. Sigh....

Lisa

Attachments

• IMG_5480.jpg
    IMG_5480.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5484.jpg
    IMG_5484.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 33
Thank you for your response! Duke enrgy has a rebate program that states you receive a $300 rebate if you have a two speed energy efficient pool pump installed by a particpating contractor. My electircian friend was going to install the pump for me, but I will look into both options. Duke claims up to $340 a year in energy savings stating the pump pays for itsel in two years. Any opinion on that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.