Need some guidance!

OKay so I tested the water last night..

I didnt add LC all day yesterday to see how much it would hold... so this was at 10PM last night.. last time I added LC was on 6/25/18 at 11PM

FC - 8
CC - 0 (stayed clear)
Added more LC and checked it 30 min later and it was at 12 ppm.

To me this is really exciting since CC had never been 0 before this time.. I made a huge mistake by oversleeping and having to rush to work this morning... wanted to try a OCLT but I guess its too late for that.

The water is like a light blue, still kind of cloudy.. I can KIND OF see the bottom in the shallow end.. can see more of the walls, added more DE last night to the sand filter too.

Here is the unfortunate thing though - We are leaving for vacation in 3 days.. will be gone a week and the people that would be capable of treating the pool is going with us, so here are a few questions..

Using PoolMath.. could I throw some pucks in the skimmer to keep some chlorine in the pool until we get back AS LONG as it does not raise my CYA too high?
Can I cover the pool with the solar cover all week? Do I need to cover 3\4 of the way so the CC can burn off? Thanks!
You don't want pucks in the skimmer unless the pump is left running 24/7. They're too acidic. And you don't want DE in the filter if you won't be around to watch the pressure.

Covering the pool is a great idea. Take it up to shock level and haul the cover over it and go. Assuming the SLAM is passed before you leave, you'll probably find the majority of the FC will be left when you return. Any CC that developed and got trapped will dissipate with a day uncovered.

This morning. Am I almost there? Honestly we are getting ready to go on vacation for a week and I have been so busy getting everything else done, I havent added any bleach since 6/26/18 @ 11PM and the FC wad 6 last night and CC was 0. I need to get more bleach today. Been putting DE in the filter overnight for past 2 nights and backwashing in the AM.

Attachments

• 338BDBC0-2649-4DC4-8723-7FC66BFDEDB7.jpg
    338BDBC0-2649-4DC4-8723-7FC66BFDEDB7.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-1046.jpg
    IMG-1046.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
That is a good solid BLUE! I don't even see a hit of green! Well done!

Now keep the FC up and filter running. Mostly it is on the filter to clear the small stuff out of the water. Do you have anyone that can come by to add FC each day? You sure do NOT want to go backwards.

For your trip I would back wash the night before you leave and do NOT add any DE to be on the safe side while you are gone.

Kim:kim:

So, vacation over and back to work. We came back to a clear pool! I tested my pool right before we left, and my CYA was a little low bc of so much backwashing and vacuuming to waste... so I added enough LC to bring up to shock level... then added some pucks in the basket to hopefully keep the chlorine in the water longer... well we came back to a clear pool and temp was 92! :) Thanks for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 82418

SWEET! You just think it is clear! It will get even clearer! Keep the water balanced and the filter going and your pool will be so clear you will wonder where the water went when you look out the window..............yeah that happened to me :roll: it was so still and clear I thought it was GONE! LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.