Need so much help!

16oz for the R-0871 is probably a bit of overkill- so order the 2oz maybe even 2 of these. You'll also want to order some extra ph indicator (R-0004) and R-0003 DPD reagent- same sizes -2oz. You'll also need some extra R-0870 DPD powder. My last order I ordered 113gms of this and it gives me plenty. Fine to have the 16oz bottle for the CYA test R-0013 as it is fairly cheap anyway for this amount.

You might also want to consider buying the the Taylor Speedstir for an extra $60 bucks while your there. I have yet to get one but everyone here swears by how good they are and how much easier it makes the testing

Agreed on adding the other reagents. Of those, the 0871 is the one that degrades the fastest in heat and light, hence the brown bottle. Here is a link to checking reagents: http://www.taylortechnologies.com/ChemistryTopicsCM.ASP?ContentID=2

For me? I order the larger bottle of 0871 and keep it in a dark place. If I have to throw it out, I do. It costs the same as two 2oz bottles for me, so why not? Check your prices.

I have a tendency to test for my friends and neighbors and get them hooked into home testing, so I go through more reagents than just my pool would need. (And if their pools are in bad shape, I use a lot of reagents!) I have also tested at hotels before I even think about using their pools.

lol, yeah, it is pretty heavy. When it's full, I get my hubs to tip it up - on it's side and use a litre jug to pour it into. It's not messy at all but wear old clothes in case you get splashed. As it gets down the bottle, it's easier to do on your own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.