Need robotic cleaner for 27' above ground pool

I'm one year in with my above ground pool and love it. I'm shopping for the right robotic above ground pool that doesn't use my pump for power. I keep seeing good reviews for the Dolphin 300. Does anyone have a robotic clean they would recommend? Is it worth buying a refurbished robotic pool cleaner?

While the 200/300/300i is a great cleaner, I believe it is primarily designed for in ground pools. You should take a look at the S50, Active 10, T15, E10, or Escape. These models (S50/Active 10, etc) are all basically the same cleaner and sell for about $500. They are designed for above ground pools and do the floors and will give you the basket style that the S300 has.

We have the S50 and love it, though we're ordering the ultra fine filter for it this year ... like, right now, because we took the cover off yesterday and there'e a lot of yuck in our pool. He can do the first couple of passes with the usual filter, and then we'll throw him back in with the new one. He does occasionally climb the walls a bit, but it hasn't been a problem (overlap liner, not beaded).

And yes, he's a he, because when I went to put him in the first time, our 12 year old daughter yelled "I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!" so now we call him Jack. :p

I also have a 27' above ground pool and use a Dolphin Nautilus Plus "Flipper" Robot (Amazon.com : Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Easy to Clean Large Top Load Filter Cartridges and Tangle-Free Swivel Cord, Ideal for In-ground Swimming Pools up to 50 Feet. : Garden & Outdoor). We have been using Flipper for over two years now and he has been excellent. The handle to grab him to pull him out of the water is wonderful for an above ground pool. You put him in the pool, turn him on, come back in 2 hours, and clean his filters. Done!

Maytronics Dolphin E10 hands down for me, along with the optional micro filter box. It really make a difference for the fine dirt .Twice the performance compared to my ( had) Aquabot ) pool Rover. I have read many posts about the refurb ones and they were very happy and looked like new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.