Need Recommendations for replacement heater

Kjhoffman

Gold Supporter
Jul 4, 2017
Bradenton
My Hayward heater is starting to experience issues. I get the 1F error code which I have researched and believe may be just some spider issues but upon removing the cover I see an extreme amount of rust on the components so I hesitate to start tinkering with it. I have owned the home for 9 years, so not sure just how old the unit is, but judging the appearance when I first moved in I believe it may be the original heater making it approx 20 years old.

It is an H400 heater and is used primarily for spa usage and for occasional periods to heat pool for a few days at a time when company arrives.

Im looking for thoughts, recommendations and/or advice on what to consider for replacement or what to stay away from. Thank You

You going to DIY install the heater or get a professional to do it? It matters for which brands give you the best warranty.

Hayward H-Series, Pentair MasterTemp or Raypak are all good gas heaters. Find out which ones have local warranty support and service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.