McAllen, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Our spa at our beach condo originally had a 1hp blower on the spa but it would always overheat and stop. Management put a 2hp blower on it and now it gets really hot when people are in the spa and blocking the jets. So much that it has discolored the plastic air feed pipe in the pump room. I have searched but can't find a low pressure relief valve for a spa that would open when the back pressure becomes too much and close when the back pressure goes down. Has anyone encountered a similar situation and found a solution for something like this?

You can buy PVC relief valves but they're expensive.
You can also buy spring check valves with 2 or 3 psi springs in them that would act as a relief valve. Since it's not a safety device it doesn't have to be certified like safety relief valves have to be.

Do you have a pressure gauge on the blower so you know what pressure you need?

No pressure gauge. Just was shown the problem yesterday when the guy that pretty much runs the association was showing it to me. Did a Google search for ideas but didn't find anything that really fit out needs so I thought I would post here.

Let me plumb a 5 psi gauge and see where that lands and then go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.