Need Opinions - Houston TX

nalai

Jan 27, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm really interested in getting an AquaBright finish for our pool remodel.

The EcoFinish company sent me a list of 3 pool installers in the Houston area that are approved installers, but when I go to their websites none list the Aquabright or EcoFinish as a pool finish.

So if you have used any of the following installers could you please PM me your experience?

Unfortunately I'm currently living in Korea and trying to do this remodel from afar (yes I know a recipe for disaster, but I have little choice in the matter)

Vollmer Custom Pools

Pool Works LLC

Uno Construction

All of them have great before and after photos of renovations they have completed, but I'm really interested in the AquaBright finish. And yes I've been emailing and calling them to set up meet and greet times for when I'm in the states.

I have a PM into a couple of people who might know.

I wold ask to talk to the owners of the pools they did in the past. Ask the owners "Would you have them do work for you again?". That seems to open up the conversation quite well.

Kim:kim:

Kim thanks so much for you help, I could use it.

Last time I built my pool from scratch, I designed it, and my PB added some tweaks that just put it over the top. I miss that pool. But I was also living in the house and could be on top of everything (not that I needed to until start up...that was UGHH, but not my PB fault just the guy who came to add chemicals not checking stuff first)

I would SO use him again, but it looks like he's no longer building. :(

So now I get to do a remodel and interview a new company from afar....oh well
get to pull out all my old questions.

Pool Works just finished our pool with a Wet Edge finish last week. I'm extremely impressed with their work so far, they were great while they were at my house and the finish looks terrific. Unfortunately, I can't speak to their ability to do an AquaBright finish or how good they are about warranty claims or anything of that nature yet.

Well it's good to know that Pool Works does good work.

Just got my first bid back and lets just say the sticker shock was up there. Lets hope the others are more reasonable.

I hope so for your sake, but I wouldn't count on it. It's the primo pool finish, in quality and price. And on a redo, there is quite often the need to plaster first. Did they include a new base plaster?

Ah, five years ago we were still in a financial slump as a nation, weren't we? People holding back on those big ticket items like pools might have caused prices to drop then and now with consumer spending up- prices up! Just *my* speculation.

Maddie :flower:

Good luck

Make sure you see an install by the builder or someone you trust does

Aquabright is awesome BUT is not something done well by many. The crew needs to know how to use the flame thrower for good not evil

THe PB needs to have good oversight of the Subs

Search here for my oops video to see an example of what can happen

Silver _2000 : I saw your oops video, in fact your thread is what got me started on the Aquabright journey.

Yippee_Skippy: if we are in economic recovery, you could have fooled me, most of my engineering friends are either out of a job (and have been for over 6 months) or about to laid off. 5 years ago most engineers could ask for crazy salaries and gotten them, now they are happy to just have a job. Add in Harvey and the damage the storm did and most people don't have extra "play" cash. But that's just my speculation coming from the engineering field.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.