Need newbie help again...

Ooops tried to post this earlier and it didn't get sent I guess (but sorry if it pops up twice)

I think we did it!!! This morning's numbers after our OCLT (pre OCLT FC 8, CC 0)

FC 7
CC 0.5
pH 7.5
TA 90
CYA 45
TC 7.5

Unforunately I forgot to turn the pump back on last night (had turned it off because I thought I was supposed to)... so will do another one again tonight but it looks good, huh??? :):D:)

Well, we got a TON of rain yesterday so didn't get to do an OCLT last night as had to correct our FC level in the evening instead. (6pm level had dropped to 4.5). This morning's numbers...

FC 6.5
CC 0.5
pH 7.5

CYA 65

So they look good but not sure why the CYA jumped UP? We probably added an inch of rain water to the pool at least so I would have thought it would go down??? Also when I do the CYA test I want to add until I cannot see the dot AT ALL, correct?

Yes, add until you cannot see the dot at all. Could have been that all the CYA did not show up on previous tes if you added to bring it up.

No, I have never added cya Perhaps the difference was doing it on a sunny day vs. cloudy day (ie I could SEE in the tube better because of the added light. Oh, well... I don't need to bring it down from what I can tell so I'll just keep giong as is. :)

The CYA difference could be a number of reasons. In addition to what was already mentioned, the CYA could have increased because at some point you still had your tab feeder on. Tabs add CYA. Also, it takes a week for newly added CYA to show up on the test.

I would advice to not use anymore tabs as it adds more CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.