Need new pool cover

Jun 26, 2011
10 x 40 SGW, plain rectangular, vinyl liner pool, 13 years old. Existing cover is LoopLoc. Cover is on its last winter, seam joints are separating because the cords used to sew panels together are disintegrating. Panels themselves are in pretty good condition. Did not use UV resistant material for cords?

I have found a local irrigation/pool supply company that is acceptable to Merlin or LoopLoc. But are there respectable on line sources for pool covers?

Also: Present cover is mesh letting water drain into pool. Several times during the winter the pool fills above the top of the liner. Is this a problem? I lower the water level using a small submerged pump. Others have this problem?
Comments welcome and appreciated.

Stephen

I have found a local irrigation/pool supply company that is acceptable to Merlin or LoopLoc. But are there respectable on line sources for pool covers?

I have never dealt with them but you can see what About Us - Pool Covers Direct Covers from Loop Loc, Meyco, Merlin, Anchor, manufacture direct offers.

I prefer dealing with local shops.

Also: Present cover is mesh letting water drain into pool. Several times during the winter the pool fills above the top of the liner. Is this a problem? I lower the water level using a small submerged pump. Others have this problem?

That is a problem with mesh covers. I have a solid cover and may still need to pump out water if we have a wet winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.