Need new filter body, until then what about.....

May 18, 2018
Clarion/PA
If you saw an earlier post from me you would have seen that my filter body sustained a huge crack in it and it needs to be replaced. That's gonna be about two weeks before it gets here. To get a head start I thought I could do the following:

Hook up the pump and attach a 5-micron Duda bag to the return jet.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Does your pool still circulate? The filter itself removes particulate matter but isn't what keeps your water clean. Continuing to keep chlorine levels up and water circulated is what you need to do while waiting for the filter to be repaired.

Does your pool still circulate? The filter itself removes particulate matter but isn't what keeps your water clean. Continuing to keep chlorine levels up and water circulated is what you need to do while waiting for the filter to be repaired.

So Just hooking for pump up should be okay to do. The filter body isn't going to arrive until end of this week or next. Doing it with just the pump hooked up wouldn't burn up the motor would it? I mean there isn't any harm I can do right?

What type of pump do you have? I would be careful with a single speed as you will have little backpressure on it.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.