Need input on choosing paint for coping

deanchat

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 19, 2008
Tidewater, VA
Hi Everyone,

I’m getting a new liner in a few weeks so I am going to paint my aluminum coping (which, I beileve, is Cardinal CP2) before the liner install. I have read a bunch of threads about the process, plan to use spray paint, and have started prep, but I have some questions about choosing the paint. I see there are a couple of paints marketed as coping paint (Precision Color and Rumac) and I have seen a number of people on TFP say they used Rust-Oleum flat while. Some have said that the Rust-Oleum is the same thing as the Precision Color. Basically, I want a flat white (not gloss) that is non-skid. So, my questions are:

1) Can anyone that has used Rust-Oleum flat paint comment on whether it is non-skid?
2) Is the Rust-Oleum really the same as the Precision Color?
3) Any other paint options I should be considering? (Rumac is gloss, so that is out).

Thanks!
Dean

My apologies, as I have not used rustoleum on a flooring surface, but I recently did a bunch of research into floor paints for my basement (considered an epoxy floor, but decided we didn't want to go that ambitious for the storage area). Anyway, that process led me down a few rabbit holes, and I was pretty sure there was something from rustoleum for floor surfaces... its an additive for paint for boats... https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rust-Oleum...Oil-based-Actual-Net-Contents-4-fl-oz/3461790

I thought I had replied to this, so my apologies for the LONG delay. I used spray paint to do my coping (will post details in the near future). The paint you point out looks very interesting and I will keep it in mind for other non-skid jobs in the future.
Thanks!
Dean

I thought I had replied to this, so my apologies for the LONG delay. I used spray paint to do my coping (will post details in the near future). The paint you point out looks very interesting and I will keep it in mind for other non-skid jobs in the future.
Thanks!
Dean
What spray paint did you use for your coping? I'm also getting a new liner in the next month or so and need to re-paint my coping before the install. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.