Need ideas for shade and toddler safety.

loveit

Bronze Supporter
Aug 31, 2015
walla walla, wa
1a)Considering shade sails, as the umbrella can rarely be used due to wind. We do get strong winds, so if those are something that need taken down during strong winds, I would need some kind of setup that would make it easy to do for someone that is not strong.

1b)shade from the sun for the pool equipment

2a)The pool cover is suppose to do the job with keeping the toddler safe, but obviously, only if it's closed. I would feel better if there was some kind of fencing in place as well. I'm wondering if it would work in the rocks...but also have to consider the pipes and electrical under the ground...how big of a headache is that to deal with? Also, would adding fencing interfere with plans for shade?

2b)keeping the toddler away from the pool equipment. Thinking we could remove the trees and put something that would keep her out and the sun as well.

Attachments

• 20210402_184029.jpg
    20210402_184029.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210402_184055.jpg
    20210402_184055.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210402_184149.jpg
    20210402_184149.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210402_184242.jpg
    20210402_184242.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210402_184343.jpg
    20210402_184343.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 53
You can put a removable fence like this around your pool...

Reactions: loveit
We have a fence around the pool. I wouldn’t have a pool without one. Even though all of us at home can swim, you never know who will come over. It’s not worth the risk.
You can definitely put the fence in the rocks. Ours is. You just need to move them out of the way to dig the holes. Do you have pics of the pipes during the build? The fence can also be installed on the deck.

We have a fence around the pool. I wouldn’t have a pool without one. Even though all of us at home can swim, you never know who will come over. It’s not worth the risk.
You can definitely put the fence in the rocks. Ours is. You just need to move them out of the way to dig the holes. Do you have pics of the pipes during the build? The fence can also be installed on the deck.
I believe I do have pictures of the pipes.

Sunshades are nice, but are not the type of thing you’d want to remove with regularity, only annually if needed. Sun shades are typically installed so they are very tight and therefore are pretty immune to high winds due to sitting horizontal and being very tight to very secure attachment points. You would need posts anchored in concrete or an attachment point to a house.

You may want to look at a structure for shade, if possible. We went a year without shade and decided to get one. It was always in the plans, but one year without shade was enough. Here’s what we went with. NIce looking but basic. Folks here also have gone with the metal structures from Costco or similar and been happy with them so long as they are attached properly to footings/decking.

Costco example. Honestly, for the price, this is pretty great looking, for 20% the price of mine, though smaller.

https://www.costco.com/.product.100147231.html

For a fence there are companies that only do iron fencing or pool fencing. Google it to see what you can find for your area. Then have them come out for a bid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.